SE and S -Line front bumpers

joro

Reaction score
Hi
Being a relatively new Audi A4 owner, I have been wondering what the differences are in the basic SE and the S-Line front bumpers. I've been looking into the possibilty at changing the front grill to an RS4 type and fitting a front skirt to my existing one. Also want to change the fog light surrounds also for the mesh grill type. Any advice would be appreciated.

John

Audi A4 SE 2005

Hi John
I'm no expert, but I understand that you wouldn't beable to fit a genuine audi S-line grill to your SE bumper.

The S-line bumber is lower in the centre section (below the number plate) so the S-line grill is slightly deeper to fill this gap.

Also I know the S-line Fog-light grills are removable, but I think the SE ones are actually part of the bumper itself.

The upside is that you can get some nice looking RS4 Style grills for a fraction of the price of the genuine ones, and in my
opinion they look ok. Not sure what you'll be able to do with the fog grills though.

If I'm wrong about this hopefully someone will jump in and correct me! :)

Good luck with it, oh and welcome to wonderful world of Audi ownership!

Thats an expensive option for you, get a good quality RS4 rep to fit SE bumper, LCR splitter and you can buy RS4 style mesh from ebay and you just glue it into place behind your existing fog surrounds, £200 all in there abouts.

as above but thats the easy way not looking as good
get a s-line bumper do it the way with oem rs4 grill

I'm in the same postion i have an a4 cab (s-line) with an se bumper , i think bez is right the best look quality wise is an s-line bumper with RS4 grill and mesh around the fogs.

Bez Didn't you sell one not long with the fog light mesh already installed , this is what i'm looking out for .

yep i did fogs mesh grills etc also had it painted for the lad
they always come up on the bay

wish i had got that one off you , must pay closer attention to the bay .

I completely agree it'll look better but an RS4 grill is £300 alone then £15 for mesh and however much an s line bumper is?

If I'm honest though I'd pay the money and do it right ha ha.

Got a quote from Colchester Audi - RS4 black optics grille - £224+vat

Mac