Wheels or lowering?

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
I am thinking of either changing my wheels or lowering my dtm. What's everyones thoughts on this? Shall I keep standard 18's and get some coil overs etc?

Thanks. I don't know where to start tho. I know all about standard setup etc

Work out what you want from your new setup, then pick a manufacturer. I think the DTM has a very nice standard ride, but needs to be stiffened up a bit. I was looking at getting a set of Teins as they are a respectable make and have numerous on car adjustments. :)

im in sort of same dilema, cant help but love the look of b7's on 19's but would i be better just sicking to 18's as standard and just moderately lower the car???

Exactly the same with both of you! - I'm going for coilovers first as I think the stance may change my mind on going for 19's, I like the look of the DTMs but they are a right pain to keep clean. Also at the standard height the wheels look a little small....

I have the b5 spring cups to fit yet so I'll see what difference that makes. I think 19's are too harsh a ride after having them on an old 1.8T. The dtm handles great as it is too. Just want the ride height dropping so less gap

yeh i think im going to do the same. what im really worried about is spending over a grand on some 19's and ruining my ride quility. the roads are terrible where i live, main back roads and i dont want to end up damageing some very very expensive wheels due to a freak pot hole???

I have the b5 spring cups to fit yet so I'll see what difference that makes. I think 19's are too harsh a ride after having them on an old 1.8T. The dtm handles great as it is too. Just want the ride height dropping so less gap
B5 caps with h&r sport spings better than std ride comfort and nice stance i have the springs on my avant and caps will be fitted this month just to bring front down in line with the rear. I also have dtm wheels spaced 10f 12r.

I could do with some spacers for mine. Looking at new wheels tomorrow just in case I change my mind haha

Just did thespring caps on mine the se is a bit stiffer anyway looks good with the spacers all round ,still on standard s lines 18 atm but would like some s4 avus 18 s later in the year and keep the s lines with winter tyres on.