A4 2.0TDI EGR error after remap.....help and advice sought!!!!

tuffguy

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]CAR EGR ERROR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Audi A4 2.0TDI 140BHP 2006 model, B7 shape, BRE engine[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The car has had a full s/steel exhaust system fitted, including decat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The manifold had been taken out and fully cleaned of all gunk/soot (about 18 months ago now and I do 12k miles a year)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I uploaded a Stage2 Superchips remap to the car via my Bluefin device.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The car ran great, smooth power, no issues.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I had the EGR system blanked off using blanking plates[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I swapped to a Stage2 Superchips ‘EGR delete’ remap.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The car ran smoothly but an error on the dash appeared, despite the EGR delete remap.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Several months later, the car started to stutter during acceleration.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It sounded like a breathing issue. I had the turbo checked for problems but there was no play in the turbo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I decided to unblank the EGR system and reverted to the original Stage2 remap.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The EGR error still showed on the dash (EGR insufficient flow, according to VAGcom)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I removed the remap and reverted to standard map.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Despite the loss of power and urgency, the car was still hesitant during acceleration but there was no EGR error. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I put the Stage2 map back on and the EGR light reappeared and the hesitancy during acceleration became more pronounced, presumably because of the increased demand on airflow, etc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I removed the remap and reverted to standard map and the EGR light disappeared but hesitancy was still apparent (to a lesser degree) on acceleration.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With the help of a friend who works at Audi, we have replaced one-by-one the below components:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Replace EGR main body[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Replace MAF sensor and replace K&N filter with OEM paper filter, in case hot oil from the K&N had degraded the MAF filament.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Replace vacuum plunger unit attached to throttle, as rubber seal had a small split[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Checked the exhaust system for splits/signs of damage.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The car still has the stuttering/hesitance on acceleration, although it does seem a little improved. When on standard map, no dash error appears, when I put the Stage2 map back on, I get the EGR error again. Stuttering is more noticeable when remapped, although a little better than it used to be.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Have any of you guys got any ideas on this one or anything that I should check? Has anyone had similar problems? Thanks in advance for your support [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]All the best, Dave[/FONT]

Have a 140 tdi that has been chipped to 210 when bought, i do feel a slight hesitance in slow traffic but i have put this down to what gear you are in as the car just want's to rev and go, foot down it flies. I have to take out for a blast now and then as it only does 3k per year. Car has only done 50k on a 57 plate.