Audi A4 1.9 TDI 115 Bhp

ruairi83

Reaction score
Considering buying the above.

Anything i should look out for? Looking at sline avants at momnet.

Would be looking more power from engine. Local Remap place can put it to 145bhp.

What options avail to get more power? Anyone did any changes and got link to their work and figures.

Cheers

i have the 1.9tdi and i've had it remapped to around 145bhp. It pulls much better now due to the increase in torque and i've had no issues with the engine before or after the remap (its fairly bulletproof anyway). My clutch does sometimes judder at low revs in 5th but I just gear it down to avoid stress on it.

Apart from a remap there isn't much else you can do with the 1.9tdi without spending mega money as it was never made for power. if you want power, go for a 2.0tdi 170bhp (some suffer from oil pump/balance shaft failures and injector failures so you'll need to do your homework) or a 3.0tdi

dont worry on the injectors theres a recall for both audi an VW 140 and 170 tdi

i still wouldnt trust the 2l engines as the read of of balance shaft etc was horrifying mate.

if anyone knows any 1.9tdi 115bhp a4, avants, sline avail drop me a message. going to test drive a few on monday to see what i think.

any info on things to look out for would be appreciated also...

check the plenum chamber (at the back of the engine bay where the battery is) isnt blocked with leaves, this will cause water to go into the car and may damage electronics. It can also damage the brake servo.

I had to get the clutch replaced on my car (it had only done 50k) as the release bearing was making a weird noise. Try setting off in 4th if the car stalls the clutch is fine, if you can set off, the clutch has had it.

The steering rack on mine makes a grinding noise on slow left hand turns. Apparently its a common fault with the early B7's.

Other than that, mines been pretty solid

cheers mate for advice. its an 2007 a4 1.9 tdi ive been looking at so the early issue out the window. thanks for help. Seen great one yesterday and vag com checked everything from air flow meter, timing etc and all ok.

roblane65 check the oil pump/shaft thread on first page and read all pages and you will understand.