Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Looking for a sidelight fitting guide?

I have halogen lights and want to replace the sidelights with some LEDs. I've ordered a pair that were recommended in this thread in the last post.

I'm having no luck in finding a guide for the actual procedure. Could anybody give me a hand please?

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    K,

open up the inner case of the headlamp, you will see the plug for your full beam, pull it out and remove that out the way. then put you hand in and find the wires and grab them firmly close to the holder and pull. it will come out.

thanks
    Trups

5th Gear

Status
    Pull it HARD. mine were wedged in pretty solid, i gently got pliers on the in the end.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

1st Gear

Status
    I got the passenger side out quite easily. The drivers side however were a massive pain, had to take the pliers to them. The passenger side light works perfect whereas the driver side one flickers twice and goes out
    Guess I need resistors? Or can anybody recommend a set that definitely work. Trups, you got any in stock? I ordered these before I ordered the interior lights from you, which I'll be fitting after a quick bite

5th Gear

Status
    shouldn't need resistors for sidelight leds...check the connections are making contact properly or try turning it round.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior