DPF reset, has It worked for anyone?

jaygeezer871

Reaction score
The light has just come on, I have read the threads about removal etc but has anyone actually had success with the 60kmh drive for 15 minutes at 2000rpm in 4th or 5th as per the manual?

I tried this but it didn't work So I had it taken off and cleaned out and now all is good. I think the outside temperature is to cold for the exhaust to get hot enough for the cleaning cycle to activate.. Now all is well just gonna stay away from supermarket fuels and use a DPF cleaner once a month and fingers crossed I don't see the DPF warning light again :)

Just got back from giving it a run, drove it over 2000 rpm for about 10 mins and the light went out, what a relief!
My theory also was the cold temperatures not letting it get hot enough.
With the cost of diesel I have been driving more sensibly so not really had her up in the revs which I'm sure hasn't helped as I do a 20 min stint on the motorway daily, oh well will gave to go back to doing 80mph everywhere.
Will look into preventative measures more closely.

Reactions: craig_TDI
It may need longer but as long as its done when light first comes on it should be fine

Just got back from giving it a run, drove it over 2000 rpm for about 10 mins and the light went out, what a relief!
My theory also was the cold temperatures not letting it get hot enough.
With the cost of diesel I have been driving more sensibly so not really had her up in the revs which I'm sure hasn't helped as I do a 20 min stint on the motorway daily, oh well will gave to go back to doing 80mph everywhere.
Will look into preventative measures more closely.

It's totally normal for the DPF warning light to come on then take it for a blast to get it off.. So iv read. I'd be more worried if it didn't come on to warn me when I need to take it for a blast to active the cycle.

When the light has DPF light came on on mine, I just drove in 5th instead of 6th on the Motorway for a while and that sorted it.