05 2.0 TDI avant BLB. advice from ppl who have done some modifing please :-)

I,want,an,A6

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have a red 05 A4 Avant 2.0TDI BLB engine.
Got it sunday and cheap and now i know why.
Few things to do --- Need a new clutch and fly wheel and front right CV joint - i found out durign the week :-( and rear wiper motor. few clips here and there and a bit of body work/refurb alloys !! actually alot to do !!

Im planning in the future to get a remap and maybe a bigger injectors/turbo in the future or something, i just dont know to be honest need help on that too !

I was told with mapping i dont need an upgraded clutch fly wheel, but dont wanna replace them again in 12 months after a few mods.

Any advice what Clutch or fly wheel to get considering the potential mods in the future ?

Money is tight within reason, got quoted €250 labour and about €800 for new german clutch and fly wheel if my local mechanic gets it (trusted).

Ill spend an extra 250/300€ for somethign that'l take a bit of abuse.

If there's anythign else - cheap upgrades- i could get that might help let me know.

Thanks in Advance :)

Padraic

Any Advice At all guys ? Am really starting to panic about what to do and the cost :-(

Any Advice At all guys ? Am really starting to panic about what to do and the cost :-(

Forget modifying the car until you have sorted the engine out, see the thread on 2.0 tdi Oil Pump/Balance Shafts and then decide what you want to do. Then again, the cars engine may have "been sorted " already ?