JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

what happens after a arguement with a fox at 60mph

hey all havent been on for a while as not been to happy atfer coming home at 1am and a fox decided to run in front of me while doing 60mph
    this result

so after that called the inruance company to get it fixed! cost me £250 and lost 2 years of no claims bloody joke. Got a call 2 weeks later to say my car was ready and then to my surprise with no prior warning they hadnt repaired the passenger door and wing - said wasnt accident related - so after a rant to my insurance company car was gone another 2 weeks, the got a call again saying it was ready and this was the how it was blended - notice rear of passenger door is darker then rest of car!

so told them i wasntn happy with the result of the paint work and they had it for anouther week to redo the paint

Result number 2: notice dark patch in middle of the passenger door - no its not a shadow trust

so now car is in for the 3rd time to hopefully be done preperly if not mite have to go down anouther route to make the respray whole car! lol finger crossed car will be done properly as miss it, had a bloody courtasy car mercedes A class - one of the worst cars i have ever driven would rather drive a french car!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Did you have an argument with the fox or go to bloody war with it?

Bad luck mate. I feel for you. No matter what you do, you can never prevent such an accident. I do hope the fox came off worse! Some nasty damage there and the respray jobs were really badly done twice. Glad you didn't just accept it and gave it back. Just a shame you've lost your NCB and now have a damage repaired car, which will hit resale value along with insurance renewal.

You won the battle, but the fox ultimately won the war my friend. I would be eating that fox for dinner if i was you.

Hope it comes back in pristine condition.
    Things to do: Lower on coilovers, spacers, front end respray and a full correctional detail!

4th Gear

Status
    How did you damage the passenger side door, when you hit the fox on the drivers side??
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

Reverse Gear

Status
    I feel your pain mate.

I was coming home late too one night, actually about 1.30am too. Coincidence ??

I had a straight stretch of about 3km down hill and over took about 12 cars ( safely of course) was at about 110mph, was approaching a roundabout and was slowing down and at about 100kmph - 60mph i had a flash of ginger and crash bang wallop.

I was driving a 08 Citroen C4 at the time, got out and there was the biggest fox ive ever seen on the road a bit behind. a little dead i must say.
    my front bumper was half missing as was my spot light and my left headlight was skyward.
    after i got the car assessed.

new Rad,
    new light,
    new wing,
    new bumper(3parts)
    new valance,
    new undercarrage support.
    new fan,
    and that all painted,
    all by citroen !!
    think there was more but cant remember.

Came in @ €3,200. no insurance would even quote me for 2 years !!

i was lucky that the black pearlescent paint was pretty much perfect after a bit of paint correction by my self. bar the thumb print under the laquer hahahaha. thought that was pretty funny so didnt complain. no where noticable.

glad you got it sorted mate.

Padraic
    Last edited by I,want,an,A6; 10th December 2011 at 21:27. Reason: spelling

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyboy View Post
    How did you damage the passenger side door, when you hit the fox on the drivers side??
    well as the fox was coming from the right at some speed the force of it going acroos the front of the car and the impact i hit front right and which flicked it across to left front wheel around the wheel once then chicked it out onto passengers side! i have a pic with blood on it 2! i was like wtf 2

so far all i know that has been done on car is

new front bumper
    new fog light
    new fog light grille
    new front grille + got old one which im gonna repair as just little bit crack and gonna glue it back properly
    new wing bracket
    new rad thing infront of main rad! not sure what this is
    new intercooler
    new air con part

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    ouch dont start me on bodyshops mate had a night with a Audi maindealer bodyshop when some to55er drove into me
    hate to say but the door and the wing are completely different shades look at the pillar were it meets the wings few shades darker
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

1st Gear

Status
    yeah i have noticed that last time i was there so there looking at that 2!

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    check out the hassle i had with bodyshop absolute nightmare 2secs ill find it
    found it
    Warning - Bad Repairs at Audi Sinclair Bridgend South Wales - Copy
    Last edited by drmole; 11th December 2011 at 03:38.
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap