New A4 DTM Special Edition

Wow, she is stunning, and what an excellent spec.

So when, how much and when?

Had to try and find some more on her...

a4dtmed3.jpg

Phantom black grill and wing mirrors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

a4dtmed.jpg

Yeah i have to agree with you Richy the wheels aint to my liking either but i could certainly live with the rest of it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks like one of those hideous rover MG thing's IMO.

The wheels are the same as the newly released TT Quattro Sport i believe and look pants!

Looks like i'm the only multi-spoke fan then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Yeah it looks a little rover-ish from the side on view! but who cares if you drive it you dont have to look at the outside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Didn't I see those wheels in Halfords over the weekend??

Otherwise doesn't look to bad. Just a pity all these bodykits are staring to merge into a blur. Sitting still it's going to be hard to spot an S-Line from a DTM from an S4 from an RS4 apart from who pulls away quickest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

IMO its cheapening the exclusivity of the top end models. I can understand people want their cars to look simialr to the S4 / RS4 but there must be another way without sickening those who pay to have an exclusive motor just to see it matched in looks by a car £15-20K cheaper with a £3K bodykit attached?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

Looks very smart.

If those wheels were done the same colour as the RS6+ it would have looked even better!!

Like the front splitter, not too keep the tail pipe trims whould have prefered actual pipes!

Another thing i would have done is make the chrome surround on the grille black.

But all in all cool.

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't I see those wheels in Halfords over the weekend??

Otherwise doesn't look to bad. Just a pity all these bodykits are staring to merge into a blur. Sitting still it's going to be hard to spot an S-Line from a DTM from an S4 from an RS4 apart from who pulls away quickest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

IMO its cheapening the exclusivity of the top end models. I can understand people want their cars to look simialr to the S4 / RS4 but there must be another way without sickening those who pay to have an exclusive motor just to see it matched in looks by a car £15-20K cheaper with a £3K bodykit attached?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatley the S-line is here to stay bbg52, it's just a niche in the market for the people who can't afford to buy or even run an S4, and Audi have to fill that niche. I don't think their will be many DTM's on the road, probably just a limited run. But we will see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Lee, no release date yet or price, and yellow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Only 500 being made and each dealer gets one guaranteed allocation. They can only be sold to Joe public and not dealer demos. Any dealer that doesn't sell there allocation of 1 unit the car will be returned back to the audi pool for re-assignment.
Basic cost is a few hundred pounds under £30K, on the road.
Hope this helps...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

What is it with Audi and those damned lower door trims!?

They look awful!

It doesn't matter how sleekly they blend them into the doors (or not as the case may be with S3's and particularly new S4 etc. which jut out like Wales does from England!) they just spoil the contours of the car and give the side profile a nasty, unfinished, stuck-on-afterwards look.

Horrible.

Oh and... Yellow!?!?

Cars should not be available in Yellow to avoid those with bad taste cluttering up the roads! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, it's funny a few of you have mentioned the fact that the DTM looks like one of the horrid Rover ZS/ZR thingys because I just came back from lunch and saw a YELLOW one parked outside!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Probably just a re-map, and if limited to 500, then maybe limited to colour too.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

looks ugly from the front and wheels too

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

My local dealer rung me yesterday, said this will be i the showroom in the next week.

If anyone is interested, they should inquire quickly, as only one allocation per dealer, and probably no deals either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Must say its not for me. I would not want ot buy a 'wanna-be' S4/RS4. I know we all modify our cars but mainly under the bonnet, with the exception of wheels and exhaust systems, but they are subtle improvements rather than makeovers.

Not that I watch the programme but it looks like 'Colin and Justin' have got hold of it (How not to do a Car!). Interior looks great and the tailpipes quite mean, but hate the wheels, don't like the black wing mirrors and not sure about the vented bumper mod either. Perhaps it may look better in another colour - but yellow - surely not!! Sorry to anyone who has.

Lastly I would say it is over-priced despite a great interior. My bit over.

well apparently it isn't just window deressing, it has different injectors and intercoolers from the standard 2.0T FSI. So in effect a chipped 2.0t straight from audi? All it needs really is an S3 turbo.

Swindon Audi have one and I have to say in the flesh it's nice (with the exception of the wheels from halfords) it also drives prety nicely with good pickup, they let me take it for an afternoon 2 weeks ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif