EM TuningVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Bi-Xenon light problem b7

Hi guys,

I have been experiencing the xenon flickering issues with my b7 a4, both side, got checked by audi during servicing and they said no error comes up, and they said the battery was having low voltage. The problem still exist now, and thinking to change a set of bulb and see if its cure the problem, is anyone of you know which xenon bulb it use on b7 ?

Cheers
    Sam

2. # ADS
    ADS

loves quattro

Status
    Providing it's the bi xenon HID setup they will be a D1s fitting like these Replacement D1S HID Xenon headlight bulbs.

3rd Gear

Status
    Had a drivers bulb flickering and going out on me every now and then. Have since changed both bulbs and theyve been fine since. However it does look like they flicker around here with all the bumps/pot holes and auto level. Got brand new Genuine bulbs off Ebay for £35 each
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry to bump this up! So I too have the flickering Xenon and i'm just coming up on the MOT. My problem is its always worse when the light is first turned on, for the first 5 mins its can be really bad, but not always... I have read so many posts on this problem I have lost any idea what the actual problem is, is it bulbs? if it's that simple I will stick two new ones in.

All sensible comments welcome.

Phil

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    try bulbs 1st
    they if not sorted ballasts

Reverse Gear

Status
    Got it checked by Audi, they said bulb and control unit (ballast) both faulty.
    The flickering was bad when the car first start, and seems alright after a while. Probably will change e control unit and bulbs

UnderwaterPilot

Status
    my a3 xenon drivers side flickers for first 5 minutes also, have looked at history the control unit was changed previously on my car!!! did the change of bulbs/control unit work??
    Driving - A4 2.0 TDI S-Line Jet black....Nice!

4th Gear

Status
    My passenger bulb goes off within first few seconds of starting car on auto lights. Turn it off and on again seems ok. Don't know where I go myself
    Imola Yellow A4 DTM. Retro fit cruise and arm rest.
    Contact Admin to advertise please

1st Gear

Status
    I have had this issue before. The dealer ended up changing both control units that are positioned below each lamp.
    A4 B7 2.0T FSI S-LINE Akoya Silver, Xenon plus pack, RS 6's, MFSW, Dension, Auto dimming mirror, Light/Rain sensor, Bose, Isofix, Split folding seats, Rear side blinds, Rear window blind, Centre armrest, Auto boot Lid, Cargo parcel net/hooks,Loadliner & Votex Rear Diffuser. Tyres: presently running Vredenstein Sessanta's: SUPERB!