Changing my inlet manifold on my a4 3.0 l tdi.

johnmandy

Reaction score
Just hoping to get a few hints and tips about replacing my inlet manifold on my 2007 3.0l tdi.

I am hoping i can buy this item on its own, minus the motors and adjoining link arm.
Anyway i've carried out a bit of research and it looks like i will have to undo on or two fuel pipes, so my problem is, when i owned diesels years ago, it was a nightmare to get fuel back to the pump/injectors for normal operation, will i get this problem, if so how do i get out of it.
Any other tips would be greatfully recieved.

thanks john

It's self bleeding, just turn the engine over a couple of times.

Thanks rowdyboy,

I know you've been following my recent topic on the a4 3.0l tdi inlet manifold, motor and flap problem, just to tell you i've now got to the position of salvaging both motors, (these are now working correctly), 1 good manifold, but unfortunetly the other manifold having linkage problems, so at the most i just need 1 new manifold. This job could have cost me in excess of £2000 quoted by audi, now its just a price of the new manifold.

Thanks again john

Well done mate, there's always a way round these things. I'm an engineer (hands on) by trade and I hate to see parts replaced just for the sake of it, that's all garages do nowadays. Everything can be fixed/salvaged one way or another. Fair play to you for having a go and sticking with it. I'm glad you saved some ££££.