HELP!!! Warning symbol.

craig_TDI

Reaction score
Alright everyone, was on my way to work this morning and my petrol light came on then a couple of minuets after this light appeared.. Can anyone tell me what it means please. Thanks

5afc32f6.jpg

DPF blocked, check your handbook
Sometimes a drive at highish revs will clear the filter and the light will go off

if it won't clear you'll have to take to a dealer.
Might be worth scanning for faults if it won't clear.

I think to activate the cleaning cycle you have to drive at over 50 for 15 minutes, if I remember correctly.
Someone on here was quoted £1500 from Audi when there's was blocked and needed replacing.

here is a option on VCDS to do a clean cycle on the DPF.

Best thing for now is to get it up to temp, go for a nice long drive at highish revs to someones house with VCDS.
That should do it.

I read somewhere that you have a couple of days to do the long drive, to clean/regen the filter before it is a trip to the stealers to get them to look at it.

Thanks alot for all your replys and help... I'll take it for a nice long drive and hopefully it'll disappear..

I took it for a drive out and did what the manual said but it didn't work.. Now iv got a flashing glow plug light, permanent engine management light and limp mode!!!!!! Not happy :( so seriously considering this permanent fix :) only problem is gettin my car from Manchester to Newcastle in limp mode..