how to code in c c

marv

Reaction score
hi there well i have fitted cruise control to my a4 i just dont know how to code it?

does any 1 have a step by step or a link into how to do it thanks ppl

i know you use vag com i got it, just dont know what to do

VCDS to code the cruise
and i would provide the link but this has been asked and answered so so so many times
if you use the search you will find the guide or even google you will find it no problem
where i have no problem helping anyone i do this time as its alover the internet and anyone can find it in 2 minutes
id say if you cant use a search then i wouldnt recomend trying to code the cruise

I have found the same problem, although i agree with bez101 on this occasion.
It seems there are a few on here who go out of their way, (rightfully so) egging you too purchase full vcds, i have it by the way,...... BUT THEN,.... theres the closed shop attitude, you post on vcds, no replies, you post on here, no replies.
I have a topic reply relating to having the horn sounding when arming the alarm in the correct section, but alas no replies, there are replies relating to an a3, and i have goggled it, but i have an a4, and just need some friendly advice, but nothing, so i no longer rely on this forum for my VCD problems, it truely is a closed shop and if your lucky you may get an answer, but as above not always the answer your looking for.

john i think you misunderstood my above answer
the reply he needs has been covered so many times over and over again
thats why this time im not going to link it
but the vcds if you have the genuine 1 has help boxes to do what you need
so you need sound on arm and disarm ?

john i think you misunderstood my above answer
the reply he needs has been covered so many times over and over again
thats why this time im not going to link it
but the vcds if you have the genuine 1 has help boxes to do what you need
so you need sound on arm and disarm ?

Sorry bez101,

I totally agree with your answer as stated in my reply, but i do get annoyed with the fact that i personally have done the right thing and purchased my cable from gendan uk, and don,t get the back-up i was promised from certain members on the forum.
I NEVER, without first trying every avenue of research post a problem on here, but remember there are members on here, who sometimes need to be spoon fed the information, ( although that shouldn,t be used as a reason for anyone to reply)....
I purchased the cable about 8 months ago, and have spent sometime researching its possibilities, but being over 50 now, i sometimes need the reasurrance other members can give, but alas this forum seems a little short on that.

Lastly i was hoping to get the sound on arm and dis-arm, its the confidence factor thats missing in my case, sometimes we just need that little something from the senior members.

john

Sorry bez101,

You posted again when i was replying, so thanks i will take a look.
I do hope in time i will have more experience with my vcds, but apart from researching on here and goggle, it really is down to you experienced members, which i am more than greatful for.
Again thanks very much for your time.

john

Just a quick one bez101, or anyone else who may know,

Is it simply adding this to the current value.......+01024 = Confirmation Anti-Theft Warning Sytem Horn Activation.

If so is there login code i may need, thanks in hand.

I have read this info a few times, but just don,t seem to get it, even looking at ross wikis site.

john

Last edited:
+01024 = Confirmation Anti-Theft Warning Sytem Horn Activation
yes john add 01024 to your currant value and it will work
but dont be disopointed when you hear the chirp its very low

also where in wales are you

VCDS to code the cruise
and i would provide the link but this has been asked and answered so so so many times
if you use the search you will find the guide or even google you will find it no problem
where i have no problem helping anyone i do this time as its alover the internet and anyone can find it in 2 minutes
id say if you cant use a search then i wouldnt recomend trying to code the cruise

I love how people find the time to write a long reply which states they are unwilling to help anyone. shows how friendly forums can be,

anyway. Hope this link helps activating cruise control; Checking Cruise Control using Measuring Values - Ross-Tech Wiki

Thanks bez101,
You,ve give me the kick up the ar-e i needed, job done, how easy is that,lol.
With regard the noise, that'll do me, don,t really need it in daylight hours, just the dark mornings, i find i always press mine at least twice, if not 3 times before i,m satisfied. work in a less then safe area, especially where cars are concerned.
By the way i live in ystrad mynach about 4 miles north of caerphilly.
Again many thanks.
john

tim i could have dont that in 1 min
the reason i didnt is cos i have linked it at least 10 times in the last 2 mth
this is a very good forum and friendly
but when the info is easy to get from google its a waste of time posting in the 1st place
ill help anyone willing to help themselfs
as above with john with his alarm chirp

Thanks bez101,
You,ve give me the kick up the ar-e i needed, job done, how easy is that,lol.
With regard the noise, that'll do me, don,t really need it in daylight hours, just the dark mornings, i find i always press mine at least twice, if not 3 times before i,m satisfied. work in a less then safe area, especially where cars are concerned.
By the way i live in ystrad mynach about 4 miles north of caerphilly.
Again many thanks.
john

1 thing i would say when useing VCDS is
always write down the code you already have then if you do mess it up you can put it back right
also the support you need if you dont get it on here just use the rosstech site direct its all there

well coded it in and it still doesnt work???

coded the engine put the 11463 code in.

done the steering wheel coding.

done live data shows you moving the stalk on off etc but no green like to show its on,

any ideas????

did you do the long codeing ?

have you checked the clutch and brake switch ?

Mine was exactly the same, I thought it wasn't working then on a long drive it sprang to life????
The green light only comes on when you press the "set" button at the end of the stalk and you have to be going over 15mph. Make sure the stalk is pulled forward to the "on" position.

i had the right steering wheel module, so didnt do the long coding, when i put the 11463 code in it acepts it, but if you go out then go back to it it all 00000 agi is that right? i have messed on with the stalk but nothing, disconnected the battery and put back on nothing#

dam thing ha

iv also done them with the correct SWCM fitted and had to do the longcodeing
did you check the longcode that is was activated ?
the other code should not go back to 00000

does your swcm end in R or Q ?

Last edited:
address 01 use login 11463 and enable cruise but if its tfsi or 3.0/2.7 tdi you need enable the long code byte number 6 to enable cruise

r i think it is.

but wen the code goes in you click do it, it says its acepted it, so why it go back to 0000