Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By razza1
  • 1 Post By jdp1962
  • 1 Post By bez101

Thread: RS4 fog grills done

5th Gear

Status

RS4 fog grills done

excuse the state of the car...needs a bit of a wash...

this stuff off ebay:
    HIGH QUALITY RS4 PLASTIC RACE MESH, GRILLE, VENT | eBay

really good quality stuff, I'll get some better photos once clean
    cbr sean likes this.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    That looks good; now clean that car!!
    jakeA42T likes this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Reverse Gear

Status
    good look

1st Gear

Status
    Looks good. Is that a genuine RS4 grill or a modified grill? Considering doing mine at some point.

Neutral

Status
    Northampton/London and sometimes Bucharest
    Hey Razza that does look good, you saved me a message to Wrath as I saw he has something similar and wanted to know what he had done.
    Now for the really cheeky part have you got any mesh left over? I happy to pay for it, just thought I might get some advice and a quick look at yours when I came to pick it up!
    Cheers
    Rowdy

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    What did you use to secure it in place?
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    genuine RS4 grill.

the mesh I cut with a junior hacksaw, I tried to glue it in place but couldn't get it to work, so used a small screw in the bottom of the mesh to secure it the fog cover at the back.

I have some mesh left but had already promised it to others first, will let you know if they don't want it.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    use tigerseal
    it wont come off iv done loads never had a prob
    wire snippers are the best to use
    cwuk2001 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    the saw wasn't the easiest way to be honest..

Neutral

Status
    Northampton/London and sometimes Bucharest
    No probs Razza, totally understand

I've got some old cheap silver grille stuff lying round the garage somewhere, so I'm off to have a little practice!
    Oh yeah and order some tiger seal!!

1st Gear

Status
    The more I see this done, the more I want to do it. How difficult a process is this? Does the bumper need to come off or do the foglight inserts come off?

Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    pretty easy.

The grills just pop out, reach your hand in at the top and there's a couple of tabs/clips, pull these down and they just pop out. You'll find all kinds of crap make it down to the intercoolers, so these mesh covers will also reduce that and ensure they retain max airflow to the surface.

1st Gear

Status
    Appreciate the help, Razza. Think I'll order the mesh and tiger seal while I'm at it.
    I hope you don't mind all the questions but I have another lol
    I have an S-Line SE with the black optics pack so if I were to get an RS4 grill, I'd like to keep a black surround like yours has. Would I be able to keep the currount black surround I have or would I have to black out the RS4 grill surround?

5th Gear

Status
    no worries, ref the grill, no idea as I bought the car like this

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    just buy the RS4 grill with the black surround easy

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    just buy the RS4 grill with the black surround easy
    Ah, I didn't realise there was one. Thanks, Bez

And Razza, I now officially dislike you
    Eventhough I dislike you, I'd still love to see a full shot of the car with the fog grills done

5th Gear

Status
    looks smart that lad! deffo gunna do mine once a get me a rs4 grill

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanage View Post
    Ah, I didn't realise there was one. Thanks, Bez

And Razza, I now officially dislike you
    Eventhough I dislike you, I'd still love to see a full shot of the car with the fog grills done
    I feel hurt....

Once I pull my finger out and clean it, I'll get you a full shot

5th Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    looks mint that mate hope mine turns out as well lol. did the rs4 bumper after work today, massive improvement!!!

5th Gear

Status
    didn't think the rs4 bumper would fit normal s-line? what car have you got? pics...?

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry mate lol, i meant the grill same as yours. God know why i wrote bumper.

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Looks good.

I'd really like to have the rs4 mesh grill and fog surrounds, but as I have a sline cab fitted with an se bumper its very difficult.

F
    ULL VCDS HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area pm me.