RS4 fog grills done

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
excuse the state of the car...needs a bit of a wash...

IMAG0567.jpg

this stuff off ebay:
HIGH QUALITY RS4 PLASTIC RACE MESH, GRILLE, VENT | eBay

really good quality stuff, I'll get some better photos once clean

Reactions: cbr sean
Looks good. Is that a genuine RS4 grill or a modified grill? Considering doing mine at some point.

Hey Razza that does look good, you saved me a message to Wrath as I saw he has something similar and wanted to know what he had done.
Now for the really cheeky part :) have you got any mesh left over? I happy to pay for it, just thought I might get some advice and a quick look at yours when I came to pick it up!
Cheers
Rowdy

genuine RS4 grill.

the mesh I cut with a junior hacksaw, I tried to glue it in place but couldn't get it to work, so used a small screw in the bottom of the mesh to secure it the fog cover at the back.

I have some mesh left but had already promised it to others first, will let you know if they don't want it.

use tigerseal
it wont come off iv done loads never had a prob
wire snippers are the best to use

Reactions: cwuk2001
The more I see this done, the more I want to do it. How difficult a process is this? Does the bumper need to come off or do the foglight inserts come off?

Thanks

pretty easy.

The grills just pop out, reach your hand in at the top and there's a couple of tabs/clips, pull these down and they just pop out. You'll find all kinds of crap make it down to the intercoolers, so these mesh covers will also reduce that and ensure they retain max airflow to the surface.

Appreciate the help, Razza. Think I'll order the mesh and tiger seal while I'm at it.
I hope you don't mind all the questions but I have another lol
I have an S-Line SE with the black optics pack so if I were to get an RS4 grill, I'd like to keep a black surround like yours has. Would I be able to keep the currount black surround I have or would I have to black out the RS4 grill surround?

just buy the RS4 grill with the black surround easy

just buy the RS4 grill with the black surround easy
Ah, I didn't realise there was one. Thanks, Bez

And Razza, I now officially dislike you :p
Eventhough I dislike you, I'd still love to see a full shot of the car with the fog grills done :)

looks smart that lad! deffo gunna do mine once a get me a rs4 grill

looks mint that mate hope mine turns out as well lol. did the rs4 bumper after work today, massive improvement!!!

Looks good.

I'd really like to have the rs4 mesh grill and fog surrounds, but as I have a sline cab fitted with an se bumper its very difficult.