What year did audi start fitting the dpf to the a4 tdi 170?

steeleez

Reaction score
Hello all, I am considering buying an 07 plate A4 2.0tdi 170 cabby and mainly only do short journeys with a mixture of town and motorway, I have read quite a bit about dpf issues and am wondering if this car would have a dpf fitted.

"diesel particulate filter" yes that model will have one, I think all 170 models had them fitted.

Don't get too exercised about whether the car has a dpf or not. The user manual gives guidance on how to take care of it

There is another solution, my car has never had the problem with the dpf this is perhaps its always used shell v power diesel.

My girlfriend had issues with her car when using the supermarket fuel. After swapping over to v power she has had no problems.

A friend of mine works for a diesel garage, he reckons they only start to clean themselves when fully upto temp, which they won't do if on short journeys, so you need to make a point to make sure you frequently warm the car fully to avoid it blocking.

Well as fate would have it, I decided to buy the tdi cab only to find out it was sold, so I went on Monday to have a look at a 07 plate 1.8T s-line cab, in ultimate black with black leather heated seats for the same money and I'm pleased the tdi was sold, I fell in love with the s-line, it's stunning to look at and drive. After a bit of haggling with the salesman I got the deal I wanted and picked the car up on Wednesday night and have to say I'm really happy with it.