B8 lights on b7

Palmer81

Reaction score
Can anyone help?

I want to fit xenons to my b7 but would like genuine Audi lights with LED DRL's, obviously only lights are b8 ones, was at Audi garage today and was looking and the lights look the same shape size. Does anyone know if they will swap straight in?

Thank

You can write up my knowledge of retrofitting on the back of a postage stamp in capital letters,
but I'm pretty sure that if the B8 headlights were a straight swap for B7 then there would be loads of people diving around
with them installed!!
But I'm happy to be proved wrong :) Theres currently a set on the famous auction site if you fancy giving it a go??

Post a few pics and a write up if you do, as I'm sure lots of people on here would love to do the same.
But I think it would probably involve new wings, bonnet, bumper, grille etc as well as all the things underneath that they all fit too!
might just be cheaper to save up for B8 :)

Well the b8 I saw didn't have DRL's so maybe standard lights are the same then :( worth a shot, you never know

Opps!
Maybe I misunderstood your original question. I thought you wanted to fit B8 headlight into you B7??

I think there are a few aftermarket headlight for the B7 that have LED DRL's but I'm not sure about the quality. There are a few post on here and other audi forums about them if you do a few searches. I think you could fit a xenon conversion to these if you wanted, but TDH I'm not sure. I'm sure some of the more experienced modder's will beable to point you in the right direction!
Good luck
Rowdy

You cannot fit B8 headlights into a B7 without muchos body work and imho they will look gash. its a shame they dont just fit though as i understand what your getting at.

If you go on ebay you can get B8 style B7 units with projectors and DRL's, its up to you if you like the look of them or not but you can then fit an aftermarket Xenon kit again from ebay for not many £££s