Windscreen replacement - felt pad.

Wrath

Reaction score
Anyone with autodim mirror and/or autolights had their windscreen replaced? Do you know where to get a replacement felt pad from that sits between the sensor and the windscreen? Apparently it has no ETKA number.

Anyone with autodim mirror and/or autolights had their windscreen replaced? Do you know where to get a replacement felt pad from that sits between the sensor and the windscreen? Apparently it has no ETKA number.

Sorry to say this mate but you need to buy the whole sensor from audi as you cant buy the jelly that goes between the screen and sensor, sometime you dont need to replace it but you have to wait for more water to land on the sensor, pour water over the screen where the sensor is, if the wipers work dont worry but if they dont then a new sensor is needed, im a windscreen fitter and run a windscreen company so any more info needed just ask

i did try to reply to your pm but it wouldnt let me as i havent posted enough post yet, so i will answer here, the sensor boss is one the screen but the sensor itself is seperate, if you send me the ebay item number i will have a look and tell you what you need and if its a good price

replying here again sorry,Im in ipswich, suffolk,where abouts are you? i would check the price at audi before you buy it as that one doesnt look new to me, screen is a good price but just remember that you will have to pay someone to fit it probley around £50, the sensor goes on the screen its easy once every thing is off, done my own this afternoon, took about half hour to do whole job,

I'm up in the NE, bit of a distance :(

I've bought stuff from them before so i think it is new, just someone's old stock. There is another for about £20 more but wondering whether I should stop retrofitting stuff or do this as one last go. I don't want to end up getting a windscreen fitted and find it's the wrong one.

to be honest if you havent got a sensored screen i wouldnt bother as its more hassle then its worth,