Wnindscreen cleaning tips anyone?

Macdoon

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking for your tips on how you get a steak free windscreen, I've tried allsorts from so called super cleaners to the age old water/vinegar & newspaper, but there's always a streak :banghead:

Mac

Hi all

Looking for your tips on how you get a steak free windscreen, I've tried allsorts from so called super cleaners to the age old water/vinegar & newspaper, but there's always a streak :banghead:

Mac

Try turning vegetarian!!lol 😃
Best window cleaner i found was cheapo window cleaner from super market, give the window a good once over. Leave a few minutes and buff off with a decent microfibre. Do a couple of passes to make sure you get all the streaks off.

Never considered the microfibre cloth for windows, that's the first "must try" tick lol

use megs glass cleaner put on with a microfibre and buffed with another one.. seems ok to me.

Reactions: Macdoon
Reckitt Windolene Emulsion Pink 500ml: Amazon.co.uk: Groceryest window cleaner I ever used, clean, wait till it dries to a white powder, and wipe off. Completely streak free.

Autoglym silicon glass polish, I do the house windows with it too. You need to give it a good shake though, and its best to put it on with a foam pad

Autoglym Glass Polish on a DA polisher, and New Wipers. Clean with Meguiars Glass Cleaner and a Tesco's Window Microfibre.

or New Windscreen, and New Wipers.

Ok, apologies but I meant internal windscreen, anyways just finished my nightshifts so tomorrow is gonna be a car blitz day, got some Autoglym glass cleaner, couple of microfibre cloths, also a cheapo tesco window cleaner, !!! streak free ??

Microfibers are the key. You can get special ones for glass, but I can't really tell the difference.

Fast glass is ok but you may find you still get streaks, the silicon glass polish is the one to use, got a blue label on it.

I'm quite impressed by RainX, its not a glass cleaner but it does provide resistance to stop smear from occuring. A few uses and I find water just beads off when it starts to rain also the wipers seem so much more effective at doing thier job.