Retro Fit Warning/Puddle Lights A4 B7 Salon - How To

drmole

Reaction score
Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
Ok got round to fitting the warning and puddle lights on my A4 this weekend and thought id do a how to guide to help any other members if they fancy trying it their selves I was lucky mine worked straight away without coding but you may need to have them coded to get them working on your own car.

If you do fancy this mod then contact RobinA3 via pm and he can supply the looms you need and the bulb holders and must say and sure most of you would agree the looms he made were top quality

please excuse the picture quality but i copied them into publisher to get the instructions were i needed them if any wants more detailed pics or a copy of the publisher PM me and i can email it over no probs

Heres The How To

Picture1.gif

Picture2.gif

Picture3.gif

Picture4.gif

Picture5.gif

Picture6.gif

Picture7.gif

Picture8.gif

Picture9.gif

Picture10.gif

Reactions: AvantMike, Tomas dracek, martin1984 and 1 other person
Awesome write up, much easier than the way I did it last time! Might give this a go now.

Do they light up individually? I.E. Only the door you open lights up?

If you could do a write up for the front and rear footwell lights as well that would be awesome!! ;)

Very good write up there mate. This is on the cards for me soon. Makes it a damn site easier to do when somebody does it and does a write up. Saves you having to figure out everything yourself :)

I've PM'd Robin and inquired about the looms. Good price. So they'll be getting ordered hopefully within the next week. In the meantime if you wanna wing over any pics mate, feel free. They'll be much appreciated.

I've PM'd Robin and inquired about the looms. Good price. So they'll be getting ordered hopefully within the next week. In the meantime if you wanna wing over any pics mate, feel free. They'll be much appreciated.

yeah very good price and the help he gave was second to none

Nice writeup mate, so when you doing mine?

How much did the lights cost?

Wrath i could do them for you if you want
looms were £17.50 each
red lights £9.17 each
white ones were £7.60 each

Excellent writeup & pics drmole.... will definately be doing this.

good write up that pal!

My list of retro fit mods seam to get bigger every time i go on here and audizine LOL

sound, whats the total cost for parts?

ah yeh, a see lol, well suppose ill add it to the list and once a get round to it have a bash

cheers, dont think its gunna be any time soon tho lad

Excellent and very useful.
I found it extremely accurate and now I am waiting for the foot well lights DYI
Please pot it since i have bought the parts i just need a liittle bit of guidance.

Excellent and very useful.
I found it extremely accurate and now I am waiting for the foot well lights DYI
Please pot it since i have bought the parts i just need a liittle bit of guidance.

I agree excellent write up , this and footwell lights are on my ever growing list of retro fits .

Thank you for this DIT it is extremly well put tooghether.
today i have tryed to in stall these light but i stopped when i had to remove the door covers.I did not know where to start from and i was afraid not to break any clips.Can anyone help me?
Thank you for your help

I have managed to take off the door cover and to my surprize i have seen that my emergency light/from the door edge red one is not connected with any wires(no light installed there).
Is there a way to put one?

Hey drmole!

Great thread! what are you charging for install.. im from bridgend?

Cheers

Thanks give me a call or txt 07534508076 n we cud meet up n have a chat

I have managed to take off the door cover and to my surprize i have seen that my emergency light/from the door edge red one is not connected with any wires(no light installed there).
Is there a way to put one?

No mate there wont be as standard they come with reflectors you have to buy the red n white lights then install them

Another member just fitted my kit to his A4 cab so just in case anyone with a cab is wondering if they will work on their cab - they will :)

Also the price is £36 per door which includes the loom and the lights.

I am still trying to suss out the footwell lights and as soon as I do you guys will be the first to know.

Reactions: Allyn78
Another member just fitted my kit to his A4 cab so just in case anyone with a cab is wondering if they will work on their cab - they will :)

Also the price is £36 per door which includes the loom and the lights.

I am still trying to suss out the footwell lights and as soon as I do you guys will be the first to know.

Are these LED's or no? If not, can they be fitted with LED'S?

Hi guys, I did to in my B7 06 plate connected the lights exact same way but they don't light up, any ideas? Any coding needs to be done?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

When I did mine I just closed the doors and locked it up as I thought mine were goosed.....went out 30 minutes later and they were all lit up when I opened the doors!

And no coding is needed.....I think the module just needs to reset due to the doors being opened for so long.

Yeah, that's what I read on other forum too, well I did this retrofit 2 or 3 days ago and that was quite a lot of locking, unlocking and openings. Still nothing

Are the wires definitely in the correct locations in the plugs as I recall reading two different threads stating different PIN numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are exactly where stated at the start of this thread so I reckon they should be fine then?

Did you use pin 13 or 17?

Iirc I used pin 17 but when it didn't work I tried 13 and when I scanned it with VCDS it came up saying I had an error with my memory seats that aren't fitted lol

I then put it back into 17 and left it.....

I used pin 13, does it work on pin 17 in yours?

Yes....mines a 2007 but it also worked on pin 17 on earlier cars. Just remember that once swapped over you'll have to leave it a while to see if it worked.

Have you got VCDS as a scan would show an error like it did on mine.

Mines 2006 but it's worth trying the other pin still, but... shouldn't the lights on a rear door still light up?
Yes I have Vcds, I'll check it for that error.