Pairing my samsung galaxy mini with blutooth on Rnse

johnmandy

Reaction score
As the title suggestsi,m having trouble pairing my phone to the Rnse blutooth on my car. The car being a 2007 a4 3.0 l with Rnse.
I have in the past paired up my old nokia's, but no luck with this one.
I have searched old posts in research, but find nothing of value at the moment.
Up until now, i have tried by making sure my phone is visable, and have tried pairing with the vehicle, ignition on first turn without starting and always within 5 minutes.
I have noticed that there are several functions on the phones blutooth, but only 1 setting for the cars blutooth, and that being when in phone mode and pressing setup, you get to imput a 4 digit number, i,ve tried the usual 0000,1234, i,ve also given the same number i used for pairing my wifes phone too mine, BUT NOTHING WORKS, please give any help if possible or links to suitable posts.
I am unable because of a move to put my hands on the radio's handbook.

thanks john
Blush2.gif

When searching for bluetooth devices from the phone after ignition first turned on do you see the Audi Bluetooth listed?

i paired my galaxy up no probs but dont have RNSE does the RNSE have the function or storing various paired devices? maybe you have to many stored this happened on the A6 courtsy car with Audi MMI as it was courtsy car loads were paired with it and mine wouldnt pair untill i cleared the list

The RNS-E don't really do anything clever - just a nice graphical front end to the same oem bluetooth box that comes with phone prep. If I remember correctly when scanning from the phone for devices it comes up as Audi-UHV or similar? Nothing really to do at the car end, apart from turning the ignition on at the right moment. The PIN change setup is just a handy way to change the default pin that is normally 1234 without having to to use VCDS like you have to if there's no RNS-E

i paired my galaxy up no probs but dont have RNSE does the RNSE have the function or storing various paired devices? maybe you have to many stored this happened on the A6 courtsy car with Audi MMI as it was courtsy car loads were paired with it and mine wouldnt pair untill i cleared the list

Thanks all especially drmole,
drmole how do i clear the previous list,

your not too far from me, ystrad mynach..

When you reach the limit of paired devices the oldest one is deleted automatically in most cases...

May need to change or default the pin code.

on the A6 i had you had to go into the phone option on the MMI then theres an option on the "clear paired devices" not sure if this option is on your RNSE but your Welcome to pop round and we could have a look see if we could get it working

May need to change or default the pin code.

Thanks NHN,
Just a couple of thoughts and maybe a bit more direction,
When i originally purchased the car i set it up with blutooth and was sucessful, not sure if i imputed a code, if i did it would have been 0000 as per the manual if i remember rightly.
About 12 months ago i purchased a cradle for my old nokia phone which also worked without fault.
Now i would like to set up the galaxy mini, i,m sure there are no more than two phones dedicated to using blutooth on my car.
Anyway now for my point, is it possible blutooth on my car as been switched off, if so can i switch it back on via vcds, ( i have the full version purchased from gendan uk) or are my clutching at straws.
I will get my audi handbook delivered this evening and see if i've missed something and maybe give it another go, and see also if i've missed something in the phones user manual.
Thanks again
john

on the A6 i had you had to go into the phone option on the MMI then theres an option on the "clear paired devices" not sure if this option is on your RNSE but your Welcome to pop round and we could have a look see if we could get it working

Hi again drmole,

you posted the same time as me, i suspect with the amount of posts you contribute to the forum you know your stuff, so i suspect you already own vcds, if not your welcome to borrow mine anytime you want, it will also give me a chance to learn a little more with the cable.
Have you any thoughts on my last post to NHN.

Thanks john

not at all mate im still learning myself i dont have VCDS as my mate Rhyso has it and is a dab hand so any coding issues i jus pop over to him it may be possible the cradle has some how overwritten the bluetooth but as far as i know the bluetooth cant be switched off and comes on wen the ignition is turned on.
ill do some digging and see if i can find out some more ill keep you posted John
Dar

not at all mate im still learning myself i dont have VCDS as my mate Rhyso has it and is a dab hand so any coding issues i jus pop over to him it may be possible the cradle has some how overwritten the bluetooth but as far as i know the bluetooth cant be switched off and comes on wen the ignition is turned on.
ill do some digging and see if i can find out some more ill keep you posted John
Dar

Thanks yet again dar,

Right it seems the samsung galaxy mini's the problem, just tried my wifes, never used on the car before, did it in 10 seconds, so the bluetooth module seems ok.
What seems strange is the galaxy mini will pair up with all my familys phones, 3 in total, so i know the phone operates ok.
So its possible its one of those phones that just doesn,t link.

thanks john

very strange one that then mate if both phone and car bluetooth are working fine then cant see why they wouldnt connect??

Thanks dar, and all the others who posted replies,

Finally got there,
It seems at least with the Galaxy mini, you must have the phone in a completely idle state, by this i mean you cannot have any applications running, including data roaming, wifi etc, to be sure i also did a factory reset.
Dar, if your doing any vcds work in the coming weeks, if your mates willing and agrees, i wouldn,t mind a few pointers, i can do the easy stuff, but am eager to do more, if its a possibility, please pm me, and thanks again.

john

Android doesnt isnt very friendly with audi bluetooth at best of times, my galaxy s is running latest 2.3.5 & even previous versions the BT used to crash on the handset whenever I had a call with my car, what version of droid is your mini running?

Also when using usb this can disable the bluetooth, however it should still work with no matter how many apps are running unless these are utilising a system within droid that disables BT in some shape or form, given the mini is a baby of the galaxy range as per my missus Ace which also disables BT when using usb, its not entirely impossible, just make sure when its paired, you check settings for that paired device in handset that authorises always it each time its in use with the car.

Hi NHN,
My samsung mini is running 2.2.1, i have tested the phone both incoming and outgoing, everything at the moment seems fine.
Somthing i missed in the mini's handbook stated that the phone must be in a completly idle state,...... but after initial pairing the phone should be able to be used as normal, with your apps running.
Anyway i,ll update this topic if i find anymore problems.

thanks john