Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slepy

Thread: Damaged front grill

Reverse Gear

Status

Damaged front grill

Hi Guys
    I dont now how its happened but i have spotted deep scratches on my standard front s line grill (just the chrome section)so it will need replacing ,I know it will require removing the front bumper but my question is can i just renew the chrome trim or do i have to buy a complete new grill ,any help will be much appreciated (a4 estate tdi s line 2006)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I should still have a black grill from A4 Sline which is damaged in the middle and the frame is ok.
    Will be getting rid of it anyway so if you want it I'm in Milton Keynes.
    derek550 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slepy View Post
    I should still have a black grill from A4 Sline which is damaged in the middle and the frame is ok.
    Will be getting rid of it anyway so if you want it I'm in Milton Keynes.
    Hi 2nd Gear
    Yes thats great,does the frame come off easily,and would you be prepared to post the chrome trim frame or all of the grill ,I can pay you through paypal thats if you have an account with them or bank transfer.(I think it would be alot cheaper than drving down to collect)
    Audi a4 tdi s line estate multitronic 2006

5th Gear

Status
    Hi, like I wrote. This grill is black not chrome so it depends if you want to change it for black one.
    To be honest I have no idea if the feame comes off easily because I didnt look at it.
    I will have to look for it in my garage but will be there at the end of next week.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    It does come off quite easy, you just have to be patient and not rush it, just work your way round the grill uncliping it one at a time, took me bout 10 mins to do mine . Ive done it twice since then and i did it a lot quicker.
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

4th Gear

Status
    Hi, like I wrote. This grill is black not chrome so it depends if you want to change it for black one.
    To be honest I have no idea if the feame comes off easily because I didnt look at it.
    I will have to look for it in my garage but will be there at the end of next week.
    Will this fit dtm bumper? I want a black grille if it's still for sale and not wanted
    Imola Yellow A4 DTM. Retro fit cruise and arm rest.
    Contact Admin to advertise please

Reverse Gear

Status

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
    It does come off quite easy, you just have to be patient and not rush it, just work your way round the grill uncliping it one at a time, took me bout 10 mins to do mine . Ive done it twice since then and i did it a lot quicker.
    Does anybody know, Can i buy just the chrome trim from Audi main dealer or parts place ?
    Last edited by derek550; 13th November 2011 at 10:54.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    My surround on my rs4 grill was chrome , i just wrapped in in black vinyl, its almost an exact match to the car colour and you can hardly tell its been wrapped unless you look really close.also if i ever want the chrome back again i can just peel the wrapping off without the hassle of taking the bumper off etc😄
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa4quat View Post
    Will this fit dtm bumper? I want a black grille if it's still for sale and not wanted
    Doesn't DTM have a SE shape grill? Don't think it's s-line

5th Gear

Status
    I have a new RS4 ally surround for sale (I bought it for the grille but kept my chrome surround). PM an offer if interested.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    Doesn't DTM have a SE shape grill? Don't think it's s-line
    You are correct, S-Line/S4/RS4 grille won't fit a DTM.
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Wrath
    You say you have a new RS4 alloy trim surround for sale but kept your chrome surround ,is this exactly the same as the S line,also if so what condition is it in, but yes very interested if its the same.

ps i cant pm you until i have posted 15 times

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by derek550 View Post
    Hi Wrath
    You say you have a new RS4 alloy trim surround for sale but kept your chrome surround ,is this exactly the same as the S line,also if so what condition is it in, but yes very interested if its the same.

ps i cant pm you until i have posted 15 times
    Yep, the S-Line grille&surround and the RS4 grille&surround are interchangable. I have an S-Line and wanted to keep he chrome so took off the alu surround from the RS4 grille. It has never been put onto a car so is spotless and it's proper aluminium rather than the chrome covered plastic of the S-Line surround.
    Nathan

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Wrath
    Silly question, but why go to all that effort to remove the proper chrome surround ,so you can keep the old plastic one
    not that im bothered just curious ? and still very interested

Neutral

Status
    ive just bought a black grill off amazon for 40 quid its all black and it looks slightly like the rs4 one am debating if i should spray it gloss black cos at the mo it more of a matt finish what you reckon?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by derek550 View Post
    Hi Wrath
    Silly question, but why go to all that effort to remove the proper chrome surround ,so you can keep the old plastic one
    not that im bothered just curious ? and still very interested
    Because my window trim is chrome and looking at pictures where people have used the alu grille trim, it just doesn't look right.
    Nathan

Neutral

Status
    Northampton/London and sometimes Bucharest
    Hi slepy
    I can't PM you yet (still working on the post count!!) but did you find your old grille surround?
    And as my mum dragged me up right, if Derek doesn't want first dips on it, could you give me a price for it?

Hope you read this before its gone!
    Sam