New mod added today

michael

Reaction score
Just added the splitter i got the other day, comments welcome thanks

002.jpg

001.jpg

looks spot on that lad, how much these splitters cost now days?

Mine was £39 about 6 months back from the Seat Dealer...Seat have clocked on that these are being used on other cars and have put the price up. I saw somewhere that they used to be around £20-25.

It does make a difference though, I have an SE and it looks like something is missing without it

i know i had one fitted to my gsi bumper on my astra years n years ago and im sure i paid less than 20 notes for it.

look well on the audi tho

yeah you could get them for around £20 a few years back, had one on my st24, seat dealer near me charges £35+vat bit i know the partsman so got mine trade and a bit of discount so only cost me £25, nice cheap mod i think.

No disrespect intended and each to their own, but I genuinely don't get this Cupra splitter thing. Surely the B7 has its own splitter already incorporated into the bumper? Adding another one simply messes up the aerodynamics of the original, which Audi's engineers will have spent shedloads of time and euros getting right. Or am I missing something?

Not really. The bottom edge of the car doesn't really get the focus of aerodynamic work otherwise we'd all have Venturi tunnels etc.

The splitter is more of an optical effect of looking like the car is lower at the front than it really is and, to most, provides a subtle finish. A cheap mod that most can't point their finger at they just know something's different.

Fair enough. Like I said, each to their own.

I understand the visual effect, but I still reckon adding a splitter below the existing air dam will mess up the air flow under the car to some extent. The lack of venturi tunnels doesn't mean airflow under the car is ignored.

Still, if you like the look...it's a free country :)

To me its just something else to trap the snow.
What do you guys do in winter, take them off or risk having have the snow do the job for you ?

To me its just something else to trap the snow.
What do you guys do in winter, take them off or risk having have the snow do the job for you ?

It isn't a snow plough, mate! :)

Doesn't affect it, the car was equally bad in the snow with it or without it. People who have lowered their car may have problems but I haven't even scraped it yet.