Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Abb
    2nd Gear

Status

Audi Teesside DONT recommend changing transmission fluid!!???

My wife contacted Audi Teesside today, to enquire about getting the oil changed on our auto box, only to be told that 'its not something we do and nor recommend it'! She kindly offered for my wife to bring the car in for a diagnostic check to see if there was any problems with the gearbox???
    Am totally confused, as I thought it needed doing at 40k miles and mine has just gone past that figure! Think its a tip tronic box oppose to a multitronic, not that I know what the difference is! Can anyone shed any light on the matter, and am I right in thinking this lady doesnt have a scooby!
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    My wife contacted Audi Teesside today, to enquire about getting the oil changed on our auto box, only to be told that 'its not something we do and nor recommend it'! She kindly offered for my wife to bring the car in for a diagnostic check to see if there was any problems with the gearbox???
    Am totally confused, as I thought it needed doing at 40k miles and mine has just gone past that figure! Think its a tip tronic box oppose to a multitronic, not that I know what the difference is! Can anyone shed any light on the matter, and am I right in thinking this lady doesnt have a scooby!
    No, I'm afraid it's you that doesn't. The 40,000 mile oil change only applies to multitronic gearboxes, which are a particular type of auto box fitted to front-wheel drive A4s only. Yours is a Quattro, and has a traditional style auto box that doesn't need its oil changed. If you don't believe me, have a look in your car's service book.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

4th Gear

Status
    As above quattros are different.
    Imola Yellow A4 DTM. Retro fit cruise and arm rest.
    Contact Admin to advertise please

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Thank you for your enlightenment gents, jdp1962, theres absolutley no need for me to check my service book, as I bow down to your knowledge on this matter Does this mean I do not need it doing ....ever?
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Thank you for your enlightenment gents, jdp1962, theres absolutley no need for me to check my service book, as I bow down to your knowledge on this matter Does this mean I do not need it doing ....ever?
    Generaly speaking, yes, but I would never use the word never (if you see what I mean). The ZF tiptronic box is, essentially, maintenance-free, but that doesn't mean it might not malfunction at some stage in its life, just like any other mechanical device. But they are pretty relaible.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.