Audi Teesside DONT recommend changing transmission fluid!!???

Abb

Reaction score
My wife contacted Audi Teesside today, to enquire about getting the oil changed on our auto box, only to be told that 'its not something we do and nor recommend it'! She kindly offered for my wife to bring the car in for a diagnostic check to see if there was any problems with the gearbox???
Am totally confused, as I thought it needed doing at 40k miles and mine has just gone past that figure! Think its a tip tronic box oppose to a multitronic, not that I know what the difference is! Can anyone shed any light on the matter, and am I right in thinking this lady doesnt have a scooby!

My wife contacted Audi Teesside today, to enquire about getting the oil changed on our auto box, only to be told that 'its not something we do and nor recommend it'! She kindly offered for my wife to bring the car in for a diagnostic check to see if there was any problems with the gearbox???
Am totally confused, as I thought it needed doing at 40k miles and mine has just gone past that figure! Think its a tip tronic box oppose to a multitronic, not that I know what the difference is! Can anyone shed any light on the matter, and am I right in thinking this lady doesnt have a scooby!

No, I'm afraid it's you that doesn't. The 40,000 mile oil change only applies to multitronic gearboxes, which are a particular type of auto box fitted to front-wheel drive A4s only. Yours is a Quattro, and has a traditional style auto box that doesn't need its oil changed. If you don't believe me, have a look in your car's service book.

Thank you for your enlightenment gents, jdp1962, theres absolutley no need for me to check my service book, as I bow down to your knowledge on this matter :salute: Does this mean I do not need it doing ....ever?

Thank you for your enlightenment gents, jdp1962, theres absolutley no need for me to check my service book, as I bow down to your knowledge on this matter :salute: Does this mean I do not need it doing ....ever?

Generaly speaking, yes, but I would never use the word never (if you see what I mean). The ZF tiptronic box is, essentially, maintenance-free, but that doesn't mean it might not malfunction at some stage in its life, just like any other mechanical device. But they are pretty relaible.