Pirelli P Zero Rosso's - Recommendation.

smokeymike

Reaction score
Had to replace all 4 tyres at the weekend (ouch) so after phoning round swapped the Conti Sport Contacts for Pirelli's. What a difference!

Handling improved (expected obviously) but smoother ride and tyre noise reduction is phenomenal.

If any of you folks are able to travel to Malton, North Yorks, it is well worth the drive to get your tyres from Ian Brown Tyres (he has a website). I had all 4 replaced for less than £600 inc vat etc. KwikFit wanted over £700 even with 25% off. Not a single mark on the wheels and excellent service. Please be assured that I have absolutely no connection with this firm but I was so impressed I felt it a good idea to pass the recommendation on as looking after our pride and joy is not getting any cheaper and we all aprrciate good service from garages that take care and who appreciate looked after cars.

Best wishes.

p.s Give me a flash/wave if you spot my shiny new Audi-sport.net sticker on the rear screen. Red A4 Avant S-Line SE with privacy glass and black exhausts. Reg S8 M**.

Just a clarification point, are you judging the performance of new tyres vs the ones you just replaced, i.e. with less rubber and grip due to age, making them more noisy and less smooth? Or are you comparing to when you had the conti's new?

I know what you mean but I've had the car from new (with Conti's from new - changed several times) and this is the best it's ever been.

I have P ZERO Rosso's all round, and cant fault them, brilliant grip in all weathers!

P Zero is by far my favorite performance tire. I used almost everything that there is on the market in similar price range (40,000 miles a year makes you change them quite often) and although Potenza might be slightly better on dry, it is rubbish on wet comparing to Pzero. Plus they don't last to long. Well, none of them does really but IMO P zero is the best of all.
BTW. Camskill sells them for around £115 a corner. Need to try P Zero Direzionale next when I get 19's.