2 quick mfsw questions

Irish EK

Reaction score
I have just had my b8 a4 mfsw fitted to my car, along with cruise and dis. Regarding the steering wheel, the mode and voice buttons are currently useless as i dont have bluetooth in my car. It might be something to look at in the future, but for the moment i would like to know if the mode button can be programmed to switch between cd and radio etc when it is pressed?! And also if it is possible to brighten the button lights via vagcom to match the brightness of other interior lights?!

I'd be interested to know if this is possible as well. I don't think it is though.. as I've spent many a sunday afternoon searching through all the settings via vagcom.

And also if it is possible to brighten the button lights via vagcom to match the brightness of other interior lights?!

This should happen automatically. at least it does happen in my car, and I've also recently fitted a B8 MFSW to my car

This should happen automatically. at least it does happen in my car, and I've also recently fitted a B8 MFSW to my car

not on mine, the lights on the steering wheel are on, but are only about 60% the brightness of the lights on the dash. i would like to get them to match if possible!

Hopefully it's just a case of changing coding in VCDS. I'll have a look this evening when I get home, but hopefully one of the guru's can answer before that.

Hopefully it's just a case of changing coding in VCDS. I'll have a look this evening when I get home, but hopefully one of the guru's can answer before that.

Cheers viceroy, that would be great!

Sorry for only getting back so late.
Had a look, and didn't see anything which looked like making the steering wheel lights adjust with the rest dash lighting

cheers for getting back to me viceroy, my indy said it wasnt possible either, that the lights on the mfsw are duller so that your not blinded by them as they are closer to you than the dash. it was worth getting a second opinion anywhoo. cheers again.