wheel bolts

adz10-0

Reaction score
Hi there, just a quick one!, If i change my wheels from a 43 offset to a 35 offset will i need longer wheel bolts. thanks very much.

Just a word of caution as I don't know a lot about this, but I think the previous answer assumes you will be using spacers. If not, normal bolts will fit although whther the wheel fits in the arch without rubbing is a different question.

Worth double-checking as you don't want an expensive mistake.

Someone please correct if I'm wrong.

going from 43mm to 35mm means the wheel moves further out from the centre of the car, so I doubt spacers would be added, unless you're really going for stance.

I don't think you need longer bolts either. I went from the std 43mm offset wheels to 35mm offset wheels about a year ago without putting longer bolts on and no issues at all. If you think logically about it, changing the offset basically changes the position of the outer wheel in relation to the hub (in or out). You're not actually adding anything in between the wheel and the hub (like spacers) to require longer bolts.

I'm looking at fitting some 8mm spacers to the rear my ET45 wheels. What length bolts should I use and where should I get them from?

Threw me there too, longer wheel bolts for different ofset, nope use same afaik.

Just use 8mm longer than current ones mate, check out Performance Car Shop, 08454 732 996

Used them for spacers & bolts before, brilliant service.

That depends on the wheels fitted, but unless you're sticking 50mm spacers on, it shouldnt have any effect on the shafts etc, as I suspect you're talking 10mm or so.

Alloys are ET:45. So just 8mm spacers on the rear. The fronts look fine as they are.