S Line TFSIQ Wheel Quandry

northernlight

Reaction score
Only had my new motor 5 mins and the bug has already hit me. Car looks great in all black with black grille etc, but the standard RS4 style 18's look a little small from some angles. I don't want to spend a fortune on it and would prefer to leave it looking as close to standard as poss, but was considering one of the following (if they are feasibe):

1. Install spacers on the wheels to push them out a little. Anyone got any pics of this done on their 18's? Size of spacer?
2. Fit an Eibach pro kit. Already have sports suspension on mine. Anyone got any view on the resultant ride quality...any long term damage to sports dampers etc?
3. Go for wider tyres. The 235/40/18's i've got on at the mo look very narrow. I'm used to have a decent amount of tyre overlap outside the rim (which helps prevent curbing!), but these barely cover the rim. They are Uniroyal Rain Sport 2. No idea why they were fitted, but they seem decent quality. Could i go up to something like 245/40/18? Know there's a slight effect on true speed reading etc.

Failing all that i might just have to go up to 19's!

Marrow, yours looks great, just the kind of thing i was after.

How does the ride compare on the lowered springs? And do you get any rubbing from the spaced wheels? Any vibration at speed?

Ride is less crashy than stock s line and no rubbing at all

oh and no vibration at speed make sure you buy good quality hubcentric spacers