EM TuningVolks Autos
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    jakeA42T's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gravesend
    Posts
    90

    Smile Transmission fluid needs changing "How much does that cost"?

    I think I need to change the transmission fluid anyone know where I should take it and how much its gonna cost?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jdp1962's Avatar
    Grumpy Old Man

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cruising on a mountain of torque
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeA42T View Post
    I think I need to change the transmission fluid anyone know where I should take it and how much its gonna cost?
    You've not said what sort of gearbox you have, but I'm gonna guess it's a multitronic. If so, a transmission fluid change should be about £140 or thereabouts.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.


  4. #3
    jakeA42T's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gravesend
    Posts
    90
    Sorry, doing this a fighting with the kids. A4 2.0t fsi multitronic CVT.

  5. #4
    Fahim's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wanstead
    Posts
    280
    I'd take it to a reputable independent garage. Audi will charge stupid money and half the time they dont do the job properly. If theres any specialist Audi/Merc/Bmw garage near you, i'd let them do it.

    I changed my gearbox oil at approx 140,000 miles but mines a simple manual so was much easier to do. The oil from Audi wasn't very expensive either. If i recall correctly it was £20 or something. I bought 2 bottles.
    Things to do: Lower on coilovers, spacers, front end respray and a full correctional detail!

  6. #5
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,908
    Every 40K miles and costs around £190 at Audi, but bear in mind its covered if its done wrong. Worth the extra for the piece of mind.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  7. #6
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lowestoft, On the Edge, England
    Posts
    4
    Hi Fahim,
    You say you changed your Multitronic ATM fluid by yourself. I was thinking of taking my 2.4 cab to Audi to have it done but at possibly £190 I might take it to a local indy specialist or have a go myself. How tricky would it be to do on the drive at home? At a push I could get use of a hoist in a mate's garage. I normally do all my own servicing but this car belongs to the missus and is her pride and joy, and as there is no manual available for this car, I might have a job to persuade her to let me have a go!

  8. #7
    jdp1962's Avatar
    Grumpy Old Man

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cruising on a mountain of torque
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Wussell View Post
    Hi Fahim,
    You say you changed your Multitronic ATM fluid by yourself. I was thinking of taking my 2.4 cab to Audi to have it done but at possibly £190 I might take it to a local indy specialist or have a go myself. How tricky would it be to do on the drive at home? At a push I could get use of a hoist in a mate's garage. I normally do all my own servicing but this car belongs to the missus and is her pride and joy, and as there is no manual available for this car, I might have a job to persuade her to let me have a go!
    Your call, but bearing in mind how critical the oil change is to the life and operation of the multitronic box, this is not something on which I would be looking to penny-pinch.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.


  9. #8
    jakeA42T's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gravesend
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Your call, but bearing in mind how critical the oil change is to the life and operation of the multitronic box, this is not something on which I would be looking to penny-pinch.
    I agree sometimes somethings just have to be handed over from what I've heard and experiencing multitronics are very tempremental. I'll do as much as possible myself, but after calling a few places who said the could take the oil out and not put it back in or wouldn't go near it I decided to payout I did call Audi Bexley but theres a few posts out there about Bexley having a poor rep so I decide to go AMD essex they specialise in VW Audi Merc well the German motors £240. Audi didnt even mention changing the filter in the price or asked if I wanted it done, I couldnt work out the point of changing the fluid and putting it back with a ****e filled filter (30-40 more extra with the filter). Last thing you want is to knacker the gear box...

    Jake:

    A4 2.0t S Line Multitronic

  10. #9
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    Every 40K miles and costs around £190 at Audi, but bear in mind its covered if its done wrong. Worth the extra for the piece of mind.
    Does a 2.0t fsi manual gearbox need its oil changing every 40k miles too?
    2005 B7 A4 2.0T in Moro Blue

    Interior, Number Plate & Sidelight LED's from T8ups, 18" 9 Spoke TT Wheels.
    BGB Engine Code.


  11. #10
    jdp1962's Avatar
    Grumpy Old Man

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cruising on a mountain of torque
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeA42T View Post
    I agree sometimes somethings just have to be handed over from what I've heard and experiencing multitronics are very tempremental. I'll do as much as possible myself, but after calling a few places who said the could take the oil out and not put it back in or wouldn't go near it I decided to payout I did call Audi Bexley but theres a few posts out there about Bexley having a poor rep so I decide to go AMD essex they specialise in VW Audi Merc well the German motors £240. Audi didnt even mention changing the filter in the price or asked if I wanted it done, I couldnt work out the point of changing the fluid and putting it back with a ****e filled filter (30-40 more extra with the filter). Last thing you want is to knacker the gear box...

    Jake:

    A4 2.0t S Line Multitronic
    Bearing in mind your location, why not try Sanspeed in Bexleyheath?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.


  12. #11
    jakeA42T's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gravesend
    Posts
    90
    Called Sanspeed for a quote but the haven't got back to me yet.

  13. #12
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lowestoft, On the Edge, England
    Posts
    4
    Has any body close to Norwich, experience of VW Audi indy specialists at Yelverton? Been past recently but know nothing about them.

  14. #13
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    40
    Just has gearbox oil changed on our A4 2.0T FSI convertible multitronic 2007. Cost £163.00 all inclusive at Camberley Audi. The oil must be changed every 40,000 miles.
    Audi A6 Avant 1.9Tdi Sport
    Audi A4 convertible 2.0T FSI S-Line

  15. #14
    jakeA42T's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gravesend
    Posts
    90
    Had it done at Amd Essex for a £240, gears were playing up so thought I try that first, ended up changing the gear box ECU as well as a new DV valve all in all I spent the good part of £1300 still shes running sweet now.
    Audi A4 2.0T Fsi S Line Multitronic

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. "Jamex" coilovers or "Lo" Lowering Springs ???
    By A3 Marky. in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22nd August 2011, 13:21
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd October 2010, 20:43
  3. insurance - admiral wont insure "remap" only a "chip"!
    By s3paul in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21st April 2010, 20:11
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 28th November 2009, 19:53
  5. TV "reality" shows & "F" list celebrities
    By MikeA3 in forum Rants & Raves
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10th November 2006, 18:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO