New Car

A4_MO

Reaction score
Got me self a new motor A4 2ltr Tdi sline 170 07 plate (will put pic up soon). Just want to know how hard or easy is it to put a Seat Leon Cupra R splitter on?
Also my mates selling 30mm lowering springs. Is it worth buying them? I have 18s on there now and will it make a difference

Welcome ,

1) have you checked the injectors have been replaced , read the sticky on this site.

2) the cupra splitter is very easy to fit I did mine in my drive with no help in about 30 minutes.

3) as you have an s-line you need a spring drop of about 40mm to get a physical drop of about 20mm.

Hth .

Last edited:
No i did read about this but i looked at my history and i have nothing apart from the services. Is there a way i can find out?

40mm will that change the ride quality and make it stuff?? My A3 was sat on the floor and i dont want that again i want to keep the smooooooth ride.

How did you fix it to the bumper? Is there a thread on how to i can look up

Look further down the b7 forum the thread is always on the front page !

Read what I said , as you have an s-line a spring which states 40 mm drop will only give you a physical drop of about 20mm from what you have now because you have an s-line.

There are threads about fitting the splitter but I'm on my phone so don't have them saved, do a search on google that is where I found them .

Read what I said , as you have an s-line a spring which states 40 mm drop will only give you a physical drop of about 20mm from what you have now because you have an s-line .

Bit harsh.....the follow up question is about ride quality and stiffness :readit:

The ride quality and stiffness can be affected by a number of things. Providing you change the springs to those of the same rating but a little bit lower, you shouldn't notice much difference.

If you lowered the same but on coil-overs, with big alloys and low profile Tyres it will have a negative effect......

40mm springs with 18" wheels give a nice balance between looks and comfort :thumbsup:

As for the splitter, there is a bit of trimming to do but then you can fix it in place with either self tapping screws or a small nut/bolt combo.

Also take a look at the RS4 RARB aswel,

I don't agree with this statement.......:whistle2:

What you should actually do is go to an Audi dealer, buy an RS4 rear anti roll bar (about £80) and fit it to your car - don't just look at it!!!! :haudrauf:

This thicker bar makes a bit difference to the cornering ability without affecting the ride :drag:

Sounds stupid but if i upgrade the rear or put one on is it worth changing the front one?