Remap or not to remap?

jakeA42T

Reaction score
Should I remap my A4 2.0t multitronic FWD? It's bog standard at the moment and running well "If it's not broke don't fix it".​

iv never had a prob with wheelspin

This must be a trick question. Theres only one answer for this question; Yes!

It's a no brainer!

Bit like asking whether you'd like to sleep with Megan Fox or Ann Widdicombe

It's a no brainer!

Bit like asking whether you'd like to sleep with Megan Fox or Ann Widdicombe

Good answer !
Yes do it remap transforms (do you see what I did there !?!) the car 2.0T really isnt that quick standard and is crying out for a remap. Wheel spin is only a real problem in the wet with FWD.

Get a switchable remap (like Revo / Superchips etc.), and if it causes you any problems in the winter months then just dial it back to standard whilst the weather is getting in the way. Best of both worlds, but do some research on mapping agents as some maps are more aggressive than others, and some are better supported than others.

Remaps will strain the cars ancilliaries a bit harder, and can show up faults you wouldn't have realised were there pre-remap, so having a good dealer behind you who is fairly local, and you have confidence thay they can help out with any little niggles makes life a LOT easier!

I've got mine mapped and it wheel spins when I drive like a tool. If you drive sensibly you'll have no problem. It's definately a big improvement.

Cool, I was just worried I would mess up the gear box as its an auto and I heard some horror stories about them giving up the ghost and people having to hand over £4000 to fix it.