EM TuningAH Fabrications
    vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

Number plate led's / footwell lighting

Tried canbus led number plate lights.......but still throw an error.........any ideas? there ok in other vag cars..........also can i retrofit footwell lighting?

57 plate a4 cabrio
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    you'll need to wire in a resistor to stop the error on the number plate lights. I tried wiring in the small resistor directly onto the bulb holders but they melted and stank, so use the method in the following link - http://www.vorsprungcollective.com/the-garage/error-free-led-lighting-with-resistors/.

T
    heres a few threads in the B6 forum about the footwell lights. I'm hoping to wire mine in at some point but mine will feed off the courtesy lights.
    Audi A4 B7 1.9TDi SE | Auto Lights, Wipers & Dimming Mirror | Cruise Control | DIS

Mod's so far: Ambient light, Cupra R splitter, 4300k HID's, Painted Brake Calipers & Hubs, Dice Electronics iPod & Aux, Leather Armrest, Interior, Sidelight & Number Plate LED's, Curry Hooks, Tie Downs, Ambient Footwell LED's, Footwell Lights, Shadow Chrome S-Line (RS6) wheels, Mudflaps, Votex Rear Diffuser, RS4 Rear ARB

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    ive tried differnt bulbs with resistors...canbus ones......also resistors...........they still throw errors.
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

1st Gear

Status
    Hmm, I wired one of those in and the error has never come back. The resistor does get very hot though. Were the pins on the bulb holder lining up properly? I spent ages trying to get these in the right position so that they would make contact with the pins in the boot lid.

Have you tried the type of resistor that I posted in my previous post? The little sausage type ones are a waste of time for the number plate LED's
    Audi A4 B7 1.9TDi SE | Auto Lights, Wipers & Dimming Mirror | Cruise Control | DIS

Mod's so far: Ambient light, Cupra R splitter, 4300k HID's, Painted Brake Calipers & Hubs, Dice Electronics iPod & Aux, Leather Armrest, Interior, Sidelight & Number Plate LED's, Curry Hooks, Tie Downs, Ambient Footwell LED's, Footwell Lights, Shadow Chrome S-Line (RS6) wheels, Mudflaps, Votex Rear Diffuser, RS4 Rear ARB

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Get in touch with T8UPS on here mate, he will sort all your queries out, supplies error free leds, very helpful guy.
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Get in touch with T8UPS on here mate, he will sort all your queries out, supplies error free leds, very helpful guy.
    Will second this, got all interior and number plate bulbs of him. No errors and look great!