170 Hybrid Turbo

*Adam

Reaction score
Just a quick question to see if there is anyone else running a hybrid turbo on their A4? Just having mine done and can not for the life of me find anyone else :faint:

Adam

Okay I'm guessing the lack of response means no one knows of one?

All I know is mine has some sort of K04 parts, compresser and turbine with a 360* bearing. I'll post up the results when its completed.

Last edited:
Hi mate.

My turbo went at 155,000 miles and i thought i'd go down the hybrid route but in the end i changed my mind because i couldn't find any aftermarket company that made a stronger clutch/flywheel kit for the B7 2.0TDi lumps and there was also no luck finding a bigger intercooler. Theres more to hybriding than just the turbo itself...

Good luck mate and i'm looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Hi mate.

My turbo went at 155,000 miles and i thought i'd go down the hybrid route but in the end i changed my mind because i couldn't find any aftermarket company that made a stronger clutch/flywheel kit for the B7 2.0TDi lumps and there was also no luck finding a bigger intercooler. Theres more to hybriding than just the turbo itself...

Good luck mate and i'm looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Well said Fahim :thumbsup:and good luck with the results Adam. ..oh by the way who has done your turbo?

Mine was reconditioned by TurboTechnics I believe. Tried looking for my invoice last night but to no avail. Sure it was them though.