tip/tronic or manual pro's and con's

kashiskash

Reaction score
well it will soon be time to sell my current Audi A4 TDI Avant to upgrade for another one.

Before owning this car I was an avid BMW fan having owned 5 of them in the past.

The car I had before my Audi A4 was the BMW 325i tip/tronic(auto) and that was an exellent drive so I was wondering how the 2.0 TDI multitronics are, as to the manuals?

Audi Multitronics are notorious for a juddery pull away (I had one). Get a tiptronic quattro and its amazing (now what I have).

Thinking about the 2.0 tdi 143psi engine tiptronic is this a recommended combonation

This was my first Multitronic and it's smooth as silk and doesn't have the juddery pull away, but to be honest I heard it's not the most reliable box (I've had no problems touch wood) but if I was you I'd go manual if thats what your used to. Drive it normally and it will steady pull to 80 and only kiss 2000rpm. Floor it in S mode it takes off with a slight turbo lag and will keep pulling till you run out of road or usually the next set of lights but it will start drinking like a **** head on new years.