TFSi quattro aircon/climate control fuggered?

mjsewell

Reaction score
For the first time in months I decided I needed some warm air in the car this morning. Adjusted the temp on the drivers side up to 19C and didn't think any more about it. Realised after about 20 minutes that it was still cold/cool air coming out of the rightmost centre vent, the drivers side vent and drivers side footwell vents. Hmmmm. Adjusted the temp up to 24C and still exactly the same.

Adjusted the passenger side to the same temp and opened the passenger centre vent and lovely warm air but just cool coming out of my side. Tried all air distribution settings, recirc on/off, auto recirc on/off and econ mode on/off and the same behaviour. Looks like I'm going to be relying on the heated seat this winter..... :wacko: :(

Any ideas as to what's wrong and what, if anything, I can look for? I've got access to VCDS if that will reveal anything? Looks

I'm sure this has come up a few times , I think its one of the flaps in the heater pipes not opening , are if you can feel the pipes in the footwell see if they are warm , this will confirm it.

flap motors
scan with vcds
or glovebox out and switch in turn and watch for them to work
they get stuck alot
and with you not useing then alot could be the case

Excellent. Thanks for that Bez. Couldn't see any way to access any of the ducting from the footwells, so glovebox out, it is then.