A4 STEAM WINDOWS & SMEELY AIR CON

Reaction score
Hi people

just wonderd if anyone knows how and why i have steamy windows,

i bought my A4 DTM from audi in June this year and i soon noticed the air con smelled awfull i have replaced the polen filter and let off a air con cleaner with the air con in circulation- which solved nothing and i now have the issue of steamy windows

I think that there is dirty water sat in the air con ducts/pipework hence these issues, is ther a way of removing this water if any.

Many thanks for any help

James

Have you checked that your plenum chamber isn't blocked (check the sticky in the b6 forum)? Mine used to smell but I got it cleaned by Audi and the smell hasn't come back since. I'd take it back to Audi if it's still under some sort of warranty. Get them to check that all the motors for the flaps are working this may be causing the windows to steam up

Does the air ever come out cold? i.e. does the system still have some gas in it, and is it working generally?

Well it seems to ok hot & cold air works , what is a plenum chamber any pictures would be great

Thanks

James

Mine used to be awful, I changed the pollen filter and let off an air con cleaner and that helped a bit. Then I left the heaters on full blast on maximum heat for half an hour once, whilst I did other things. Now the smell has completely gone and hasn't returned. Mine used to smell like a cat had wee'd in the car.