AH FabricationsChris Nott
    a4 1.9 tdi

Status

A4 TDI S LINE £7500

Hi guys i have £7500 and i am planning on buying an A4, i heard some storys about the 2.0 tdi engine. Is there anyone out there that can give me some advice on what to look for ? thanks guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

VAG HUNTER

Status
    Im selling mine and am after £7500 ono but would prob take £7200 as it has slight bumper damage and curbing on the wheels see below ive put an ad up,
    A4 TDI S-LINE

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by michael mcd View Post
    Hi guys i have £7500 and i am planning on buying an A4, i heard some storys about the 2.0 tdi engine. Is there anyone out there that can give me some advice on what to look for ? thanks guys
    The 2005 and some 2006 2.0tdi engines were renowned for balance shaft failure. Take a look at the sticky at the top of the B7 sub-forum. Occurrs in the engines between 70k and 100k miles resulting in at minimum oil pump failure (approx 1.5k of work) and at worst a completlely knackered engine / turbo etc. Take a look at and read the sticky to get a good idea of what to look at. Thing is my 2005 2.0tdi now has 64k miles and i have to get at the chain driven pump changed for the gear driven type and i need a new clutch and DMF. I need to get a second job......

a4 1.9 tdi

Status
    thanks for the info much appreciated

Neutral

Status
    I'd stay well away if i was you spend your money on something else...I purchased a 2007 A4 2.0 tdi 170 ps with full audi service history. Had 102000 on the clock.This was at the end of july and today I have got rid of it . First the injector went. Second the turbo went even after the turbo was replaced at 80000 miles by Audi under warranty.So paid £2500 for new turbo hoping that it will be fine. Found out a week ago that I am loosing coolant a litre for every 100 miles. Could be cracked cylinder head costing another £2000. So Went to audi and part exchanged and thank got i got a good deal . Back to driving a petrol car again !!!