MFSW retro fit - please help

Irish EK

Reaction score
my 2005 Audi A4 S line currently has a 3 spoke steering wheel fitted. it is not MFSW and i do not have cruise control or a trip computer.

i am bidding on a B8 MFSW on ebay. what exactly do i need to make it fit?? and would anyone have part numbers for reference? thanks.

This is a common thread so I suggest you search on this forum and Google. You need more than just the steering wheel:

Steering wheel control module
Slip ring
Harness
VAG COM

I have a slip ring to sell, with the correct pins, PM me if you're interested.

Wrath, you did this install, a B8 wheel didnt you?!

So i need a b8 wheel starting with part number 8k0 dont i?! A slip ring with 12 pins, which i have pm'd rowdyboy boy about and vagcom which my indy has.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the control module and harness? And do i need an airbag harness if i already have a 3 spoke wheel?! Thanks, i nearly have what i need!

Hi Irish, I'm replying to all your PM's but I don't think youre getting them for some reason. PM me your personal email address and I'll do it that way.

hey rowdyboy, havent been on computer for a few days but have been getting and replying to your messages via phone. not sure if you have been getting them?! anyway have PM'd you here!

Wrath, you did this install, a B8 wheel didnt you?!

So i need a b8 wheel starting with part number 8k0 dont i?! A slip ring with 12 pins, which i have pm'd rowdyboy boy about and vagcom which my indy has.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the control module and harness? And do i need an airbag harness if i already have a 3 spoke wheel?! Thanks, i nearly have what i need!

Yes, B8 wheel fits but don't get an A3 wheel (part number begins 8P0) as it won't fit.

You'll also need a steering wheel control module and yes you need a new harness (around £13 from Audi). Plenty of websites with the part numbers you need, just hit Google.