Sky InsuranceChris Nott

Thread: HELP!!!

Reverse Gear

Status

HELP!!!

Just bought a 2008 A4 Cabriolet with 27,000+ miles. First of all brakes squeal horribly when stopping at low speeds, also just started noticing that when I have to make a sharp turn to the right there is a grinding sound in the front wheels. WTH???? I was told that the brakes squealing was the "type of pads" that are on it and something about metal flakes causing the sound because I don't drive it constantly. But what is this noise when I make sharp turns? It is still under warranty, so do I take it in or is this "normal" ? Excuse my ignorance but this is my first foreign car. Daddy always raised me as a Ford gal! LOL THanks for any input or help.

Alicia

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Grinding on turning could be a wheel bearing so that's a definite safety issue. Brakes on my cab squeal slightly some days slowing down to a stop but nothing bad. Needs looking at to be sure.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

5th Gear

Status
    squeaking noise when braking could be as simple as the pads need cleaning and copper slip applying to the back of them, grinding noise as above, wheel bearing perhaps, but without hearing it its hard to say for sure

5th Gear

Status
    pads and disks worn ???? sounds like the wear limit plate catching disk to me maybe but always use decent brand pads if poss as cheapo's can cause all manor of probs with squeling etc
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Moved to the B7 area by me.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    If it's still in warranty period then take it back and see what they say.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.