18" Wheel Centre Caps needed

mancdan

Reaction score
I have had all 4 centre caps stolen from my 18" RS4/TT 9 Spoke Alloys (at least thats what model I think they are, someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Anyway, the Audi Dealers want £25 + vat per centre cap and they seem to be going on ebay every couple of weeks for £70-£80 for four used ones (probably stolen!)
My dilema is this; is it worth buying them only to have them stolen again? I was thinking of maybe super gluing them on once I get replacements, of course there would be a risk of breaking them in the future should I need to change a wheel.
I was thinking of just leaving them like this but every time I look at them it annoys me as something is obviously missing!
Any opinions welcome on what you would do.
Here is the alloy in question;

Thanks all, Daniel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Rowdyboy, am gonna try the second set you have recommended as they seem to be the right size.
Will let you know how I get on and if they look right!

Thanks, Dan.

I'd say they are the right ones, yours look like TT wheels and they're the right ones.
Good luck.

I'd say they are the right ones, yours look like TT wheels and they're the right ones.
Good luck.

Caps ordered, deliver and now fitted, they fit really well, thanks Rowdyboy:

Lets see how long they last before being stolen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I now need some more of these centre caps as these cheaper ebay ones have gone very discoloured and water damaged.
I have tried cleaning them up but nothing will work, I think they are damaged beyond any repair/clean up.

Dilemma again is do I buy genuine Audi ones or cheaper ebay replicas?
I am thinking of having the wheels refurbished to a slightly darker silver, something like gunmetal grey or smoked chrome maybe, so I would need to get the centre caps before having that done so the colours will match.

Personally I wouldn't bother getting any more again.
I have the same wheels on my car and 3 sets of these caps stolen already!!!!
Unless you have an idea how to secure them on the wheels or a garage where to keep the car overnight then don't bother.
Its just a matter of time and they'll be gone again.
well, certainly in the west midlands

Reactions: mancdan
I was thinking about that Tom.S.
Chances are I would spend the money on getting genuine ones and they would be gone in no time.
Will have to think about this.

The only way to secure is to drill it and pass a bolt through to secure it ?

or

You could use high powered earth magnets to secure ?

Thanks etxeondo.
Mancdan goes off to Google to find out what High Powered Earth Magnets are..........

The rare earth and high powered magnets are very strong, used in cycling for computer cadence fixed to the pedal axle, you need another magnet to remove when reversed polarity.

I doubt you have titanium wheel bolts as no magnet can work with that, but steel and aluminium is fine. You could use a digital gauge to measure the internal diameter and see if you can get one same width etc. Ebay sell them, someone on here used them to hold there metal number plate on without any stickers or a plate holder if memory serves.

Reactions: NOZ