RS4 Black Optics Grill on Lava Grey #pics#

D8UGF

Reaction score
Was busy at the weekend, so thought I would post some pics to get opinions. Thanks to Gphilla and Viceroy on another thread as to bumper removal. Maybe hard to tell from teh pictures but the number plate plinth is painted in high gloss black the same as the grill surround.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look well Doug, keep it up!

Thanks very much guys.
Cribbon, going to source some mesh for the fog grills and get busy with the dremmel!

Think I will get the Seat splitter that everyone seems to be adding as it does deepen the front that extra little bit. Will get it painted lava grey though as I want it to match the rest of the bumper. We painted my wifes front splitter a contrasting colour (see pic) and it suits her car, but I think same colour is the way to go on the Avant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again guys,

Razza, I would be up for splitting if there was enough, to be fair the mesh I saw on ebay was only a tenner or so, so not sure if its really worth it by the time it gets posted etc, but in saying that it might be rubbish mesh I saw so if someone could point me in the right direction of suppliers we could have a look see??

Si... Not sure about painting the badge, its an OEM grill and I kinda like seeing the four rings standing out. I will never be able to go for the complete "dark" look as the roof rails are chrome as are the window surrounds. I even toyed with painting the mirror covers satin silver, but not sure about that though.

Dougie

Which alloys are those OP? Grill and plinth look great btw, will be the next mod for mine me thinks :drool:

Thanks Tabsy, the wheels are OZ Michaelangelo 10's. Had a look at their new range and there are some beautiful split rim wheels in it, if I had the spare cash floating about I would be sorely tempted.
Razza, I will try to measure the area needed for each grill, if there is enough for two sets I will order it and then PM you and we can work something out.

Cheers

Dougie

RAZZA - i just fitted the RS4 Grille - want some fog mesh so up for ordering some now if you or anyone else is to, the one in your link is the coorrect one and the only one to use - none of the others look right