A4 B7 headlights with a black background

JDM82

Reaction score
I have done a search but I can't seem to find any standard A4 B7 headlights with a black background instead of the chrome ones I have now. I can find ones with a black background but with DRL's which Im not bothered about so was hoping to pay a bit less for ones without the DRL's.

Anyone know of where I could find the headlights Im looking for?

Im looking at getting smoked rears and side repeaters but the chrome headlights would ruin the look so......

I dont think you can get these? Iv never seen them. You could strip the original headlights and paint them yourself?!

Hi,

I've been through the same process and you are correct, there are no headlights with black backgrounds.

The route I've followed was to get a set of Depo Angel Eyes, and to mod them myself.

I know a lot of people are not keen on the actual angel eyes, but they can be disconnected and look quite OEM.
http://www.modbargains.com/images/Products/DEPO/HL_AUDI_A4_06_DP_A_BLK.jpg

I opened up the lights last night and disassembled them.
This coming weekend the interior bits will be sprayed matte black and then high gloss clear coated.
The orange indicators will be smoked.

Considering how much of an effect blacking out the shroud at the front makes to the headlights, this mod should look brilliant.

Hmmm beaten to answering ;)

Last edited:
That's essentially what I'm doing.
Not hard, and the effect of the finished product is just so worth it.

finally finished my headlights.
IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Reactions: sirsmokedalot
Good effort, but I'm not getting what looks like three different colour greys - carbon, lens surrounds and the lower backing. In fairness I think it would look so much better in one colour....

Fair comments.

The grey at the bottom is not as different IRL as it shows up in the pics, so I'm not bothered about that. Maybe the next time the bumper is off the car, I'll open the lights up again and spray it the same matte black as the lens surrounds.

Personally I much prefer the carbon to the plain black on the shrouds.

Reactions: sirsmokedalot