Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
Results 401 to 440 of 558
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Audi A4 Cabriolet Soft Top/ Roof / Hood Motor Repair Guide

  1. #401
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, AU
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by AuAudiA4 View Post
    Hi Khurrum,
    No yet sorted.

    They sent be the wrong module(2003). I sent it back and requested them to give me a version B.

    My wife requested me to put the car together for some driving. ( we have 3 other cars to choose from, but the Audi is the favourite)
    I assembly everything and the next morning I tested the roof. I forgot to lower the storage box. Got the msg "Lower the storage box".
    Lowered the box and tried again and got msg "Cannot be used". Used the manual key to unlock the front and locked it again. Tried again and the roof worked. Opened and close a number of times, perfect! Happy as Larry. Worked two days and tried to close it and it did not release the back lid.
    I haven't had a change to check the fault codes. Will do that tomorrow.
    My conclusion;
    1. Wet weather may indicate bad connections.
    2. Roof worked - Nothing wrong with the controller.
    3. Re-wire as close to the controller and the valves as possible to prof the point of wire that is broken.

    Cheers
    from Aussi
    Hi Buddy,

    Got around to check the fault codes from my previous post. (I had the engine running when I tried to close the roof.)

    Address 26: Auto Roof Labels: 8H0-959-255.lbl
    Control Module Part Number: 8H0 959 255 A
    4 Faults Found:

    02000 - Switch Position
    008 - Implausible Signal
    01618 - Automatic Convertible Top Valve 2 (N272)
    009 - Open or Short to Ground
    01984 - Power Convertible Top Valve 2 (N341)
    009 - Open or Short to Ground
    00532 - Supply Voltage B+
    002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent


    I cleared the codes with the roof closed. Open the roof with the switch, and the roof opened. No error codes reported.

    Close the roof. Back lid raises to full open, and stops.

    Fault codes:
    2 Faults Found:

    01618 - Automatic Convertible Top Valve 2 (N272)
    009 - Open or Short to Ground
    01984 - Power Convertible Top Valve 2 (N341)
    009 - Open or Short to Ground

    Mate, I think it's pointing to the connections to the controller. Any thoughts from your side?

    All the best.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #402
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, AU
    Posts
    14
    Hi VagPro!
    Problem solved. I quite sure.
    When I thought about the fault codes and used VAG-COM to test the components with a multimeter all looked good, but still no response from the roof. (Except the fault codes as above)
    Looked at the Current flow diagram and realised that there are two separate earth points. 202 and 601. These are the only ones I haven tested.
    And guess what - The relay didn't have good connections in to the relay harness. One of the was almost lose. Bending the fingers of the relay and that did the trick. It all works.

    I hope this can help someone with a similar problem.

    Thanks VagPro - for the information - You are the man.
    VagPro and VTS4 like this.

  4. #403
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Christchurch, Dorset
    Posts
    22

    Another roof failure

    Hi VagPro,

    Just taken my 58 plate 2.0Tfsi SE cabrio out for a run in the sunshine only to have the roof fail in the open position. The cover opens slightly then nothing and no motor/hydraulics noise. I raised the roof manually following the instructions in the owner's handbook but when I try to open the roof, the windows drop, the catches disengage from the windscreen, the front of the roof lifts slightly -then it stops.

    I found this forum and your thread via Google in a state of panic at the potential cost of repair so fingers firmly crossed that this is the answer to my prayers.

    I now have to summon up the courage to follow your very detailed instructions. I have to say that I'm disappointed that the system has failed as the car has only done 25,000 miles. So much for German quality engineering, eh?

    Whatever the outcome, many thanks for posting such a helpful walk-through of the procedure. I'll let you know how I get on.

  5. #404
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
    Hi VagPro,

    Just taken my 58 plate 2.0Tfsi SE cabrio out for a run in the sunshine only to have the roof fail in the open position. The cover opens slightly then nothing and no motor/hydraulics noise. I raised the roof manually following the instructions in the owner's handbook but when I try to open the roof, the windows drop, the catches disengage from the windscreen, the front of the roof lifts slightly -then it stops.

    I found this forum and your thread via Google in a state of panic at the potential cost of repair so fingers firmly crossed that this is the answer to my prayers.

    I now have to summon up the courage to follow your very detailed instructions. I have to say that I'm disappointed that the system has failed as the car has only done 25,000 miles. So much for German quality engineering, eh?

    Whatever the outcome, many thanks for posting such a helpful walk-through of the procedure. I'll let you know how I get on.
    Hello,

    Sounds like its definitely the motor, see how you feel, alternatively pop over and see me, I try to be as reasonable as possible.

    Regards
    Khurrum
    www.audiconvertiblespecialist.co.uk

  6. #405
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Christchurch, Dorset
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by VagPro View Post
    Hello,

    Sounds like its definitely the motor, see how you feel, alternatively pop over and see me, I try to be as reasonable as possible.
    Hi Khurrum and thanks for your reply.

    I didn't sleep at all well last night but saving a shedload of cash is a great incentive and I plucked up the courage to tackle the job this morning.

    I followed your instructions to the letter and the hardest part was getting the boot trim back into place. All the mechanical/electrical stuff was straightforward and quite easy to follow. Thank goodness for your tip re: marking the motor cover and body alignment prior to separating them.

    It took me about three hours in total but it would be much easier a second time (fingers crossed that it won't be necessary.) Anyway, I was absolutely bricking it when I operated the switch but I needn't have worried as the roof opened and closed perfectly. Woo hoo! I can now cancel my planned trip to Leicester.

    I don't think I'm imagining it when I say that the motor now seems to be operating smoother and quieter with less of a whining sound. Could that be due to the smear of grease in the bearing?

    I can't thank you enough, Khurrum, for so kindly passing on your expertise so that amateurs like me can carry out repairs that otherwise would have lined the main dealers' pockets.

    You're a star!
    VagPro and Babasanalex like this.

  7. #406
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hello,

    After a period of not using my roof I took my Audi A4 cabriolet for a drive in the sun. However when I wanted to close the roof again the cover would only open a few centimeters. After I read a lot on the internet I've decided to give a few gentle slams on the electronic part of the hydraulic system of the roof. After that the roof did work fine, even the day after. Because I didn't like that the roof operation was unreliable I decided to go to the local Audi garage so they could check and clean the electric engine. After they finished, the roof didn't work anymore. Same complaints, just opening a few centimeters and then it stops. Engine sound (of the electric engine) is heard even though the roof stops moving.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Jeroen77777; 25th February 2014 at 13:41.

  8. #407
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hi VagPro/Khurrum if you are still about.... I have an A4 Audi Cab 2003 with a non-working roof. It stopped working a few months ago with no apparent reason, whilst I was closing it. I shut it manually. It then proceeded to show me a warning sign that the roof was not closed properly and beeped at me constantly, even though the roof was closed properly, albeit manually. So I have removed the fuse to stop the constant noise... Any idea on what could be wrong? I refuse to take it to the scamming buggers at Audi.... Many Thanks Julie

  9. #408
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen77777 View Post
    Hello,

    After a period of not using my roof I took my Audi A4 cabriolet for a drive in the sun. However when I wanted to close the roof again the cover would only open a few centimeters. After I read a lot on the internet I've decided to give a few gentle slams on the electronic part of the hydraulic system of the roof. After that the roof did work fine, even the day after. Because I didn't like that the roof operation was unreliable I decided to go to the local Audi garage so they could check and clean the electric engine. After they finished, the roof didn't work anymore. Same complaints, just opening a few centimeters and then it stops. Engine sound (of the electric engine) is heard even though the roof stops moving.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    Audi have put the bell housing on incorrectly !! PM or contact me via my number, on facebook to discuss
    Regards
    Khurrum
    www.audiconvertiblespecialist.co.uk
    Facebook.com/vprouk

  10. #409
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358

    Audi A4 Cabriolet Soft Top/ Roof / Hood Motor Repair Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollergirl View Post
    Hi VagPro/Khurrum if you are still about.... I have an A4 Audi Cab 2003 with a non-working roof. It stopped working a few months ago with no apparent reason, whilst I was closing it. I shut it manually. It then proceeded to show me a warning sign that the roof was not closed properly and beeped at me constantly, even though the roof was closed properly, albeit manually. So I have removed the fuse to stop the constant noise... Any idea on what could be wrong? I refuse to take it to the scamming buggers at Audi.... Many Thanks Julie
    Hello Julie,

    Firstly I'd recommend to carry out a manual open close to reset the system, if that fails have you
    had a fault code scan ?

    Where abouts are you in the world ?
    Regard
    Khurrum
    www.audiconvertiblespecialist.co.uk

  11. #410
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Hello All,

    I have had a number of requests over the last few days for roof repairs. Just to let you know I will be in the London area this weekend for roof repairs, so if you need any work carrying out drop me a PM or contact details are on the website ....

    Regards
    Khurrum

  12. #411
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    If in doubt give VagPro a shout. Really nice, genuine and honest man that sorted my roof out in under an hour.

    The Audi stealers took over £1k from me over the past 2 years trying to fix my roof and honestly they have no idea what they are doing. I guess they don't repair enough of them to be super familiar with the faults so they just read the code and replace the part and then the next part and then the next part. Maybe they could read this thread!!!! They charged me for investigations and sensors after which it worked occasionally. Then they said I needed a new motor and maybe pump. At which point I told them to poke it. I found this thread and followed the faultless instructions. I took the motor apart and cleaned it up (8bolts / 2 hours work) and it worked for a while but kept failing so I guess I wasn't cleaning it properly but I now knew it was the motor at fault (listen carefully when you press the button) so I bought a new motor for £180 from Audi (through gritted teeth) and fitted it myself. The new motor was good a strong but the roof appeared out of sequence it unlocked but wouldn't go up into the clam shell position. That was this morning. My wife and I did the manual reset 6 times, trapped a finger, threw filthy looks at one another and nearly divorced. That's when I called vagpro. He happened to be in London so we arranged to meet. Within 2 hours the car was hooked up on his laptop and the fault codes reset. What was the problem? The chuffing bell casing was 180degrees out of position so the motor was running in reverse. This was a brand new motor directly from Audi. Grrr - I could crush a grape.

    Any way. Vag pro saved the day and I drove all the way home through London with the top down. And when I got home I hit the button and the roof sprung up like a March hare and worked perfectly. In the last 3 hours the roof has been up and down half a dozen times like new. I am so delighted.

    If anything changes I will report back.

  13. #412
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Hi Ben,

    Thanks for the feedback, if anyone else needs any support. Attached route map of where I will be this weekend.

    uploadfromtaptalk1393734148242.jpg

    Regards
    Khurrum
    Last edited by VagPro; 2nd March 2014 at 04:28.

  14. #413
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Christchurch, Dorset
    Posts
    22
    Brilliant result, Ben! Like me you must be well-chuffed.

    Khurrum is definitely a hero.
    58 plate A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet in Misano Red with retrofitted cruise control and Westfalia removable towbar and dedicated electrics.

  15. #414
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Hi VagPro,

    Just taken my 57 plate 1.8 t cabrio to take the kids swimming only to have the roof fail in the open position. I raised the roof manually following the instructions in the owner's handbook but when I try to open the roof, the windows drop, the catches disengage from the windscreen, the front of the roof lifts slightly -then it stops.

    Ive tried cleaning the motor and open and closing the roof manually but still will not work. I haven't released the bushes as they didnt seem stuck to me. Ive purchased a cable and software off feebay and tested the system for faults but all i get is no response from controller? Also since cleaning the motor the rear speakers/amp has stopped working and yellow roof warning light comes on to say the roofs not secure?

    Im not sure what to do next, ive checked the fuses next to the dash. Are there any more fuses? And could it be the controller, i could check with a gage but i dont know where its located?

    Many thanks for any help you could give me.

  16. #415
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by darren carson-brown View Post
    Hi VagPro,

    Just taken my 57 plate 1.8 t cabrio to take the kids swimming only to have the roof fail in the open position. I raised the roof manually following the instructions in the owner's handbook but when I try to open the roof, the windows drop, the catches disengage from the windscreen, the front of the roof lifts slightly -then it stops.

    Ive tried cleaning the motor and open and closing the roof manually but still will not work. I haven't released the bushes as they didnt seem stuck to me. Ive purchased a cable and software off feebay and tested the system for faults but all i get is no response from controller? Also since cleaning the motor the rear speakers/amp has stopped working and yellow roof warning light comes on to say the roofs not secure?

    Im not sure what to do next, ive checked the fuses next to the dash. Are there any more fuses? And could it be the controller, i could check with a gage but i dont know where its located?

    Many thanks for any help you could give me.
    Hello Darren,

    1) Symptoms are as per motor fault
    2) Can you access any of the other controllers in the car with your cable ?
    3) There is a wiring diagram on page 1 of this post which will help identify the fuses
    4) If it is saying roof not secure then it is more than likely the roof is not secured, I'd recommend to unlock and lock the storage compartment and the windscreen top lock. Also check the measuring blocks when you operate these
    5) Amp: May be a pulled or damaged lead from when you were working
    6) in my experience I don't think it's the roof control module, could be a fuse or your vcds lead.

    Where are you in the UK ? I shall be on my rounds again (up to Sheffield mid week and down to London on the weekend) .Contact details are on Facebook page

    Regards
    Khurrum
    www.audiconvertiblespecialist.co.uk

  17. #416
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Thank you for the speedy reply.

    I did put a meter on the motor and i couldn't find a voltage?

    Im not sure if i can reach the other controllers in the car with my cable, it did say there was a fault with the Engine Cooling Thermostat (F265): Open Circuit so i think its connecting to something? Can i still use the measuring blocks if the software will not talk to the control unit? I'm located in Worcestershire, its a shame i didn't contact you earlier as i think you passed through at the weekend.

    I will check the fuses and re-lock the hood and see if i can find how to get to the measuring blocks.

    thanks for all your help.

    best regards Darren

  18. #417
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by darren carson-brown View Post
    Thank you for the speedy reply.

    I did put a meter on the motor and i couldn't find a voltage?

    Im not sure if i can reach the other controllers in the car with my cable, it did say there was a fault with the Engine Cooling Thermostat (F265): Open Circuit so i think its connecting to something? Can i still use the measuring blocks if the software will not talk to the control unit? I'm located in Worcestershire, its a shame i didn't contact you earlier as i think you passed through at the weekend.

    I will check the fuses and re-lock the hood and see if i can find how to get to the measuring blocks.

    thanks for all your help.

    best regards Darren
    Hi Darren,

    If your roof is coming up as not secured, then you definitely won't get power to the motor. Yes check everything is locked, you will need to access the control unit in order to read the mbv's. Keep me posted on how you get on.

    Regards
    Khurrum

  19. #418
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    ENFIELD
    Posts
    9
    Hi where about's in London are you this weekend as would like you to look at my roof?
    It does nothing at all!

  20. #419
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Cab Steve View Post
    Hi where about's in London are you this weekend as would like you to look at my roof?
    It does nothing at all!
    Hi Steve,

    Current plan is Croydon on sat evening and Worcester park on Sunday, I see you are in Enfield, that's a shame as I was there on last Saturday.

    Give me a call to discuss, contact details are on my website and Facebook page.

    Regards
    Khurrum

  21. #420
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    ENFIELD
    Posts
    9
    Ok will do
    I'll see if I can get a vag-com scan done and see if that will shed some light on the problem
    Shame I missed out on last week
    Cheers

  22. #421
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Cab Steve View Post
    Ok will do
    I'll see if I can get a vag-com scan done and see if that will shed some light on the problem
    Shame I missed out on last week
    Cheers
    Hi Steve,

    Make sure to clear the codes, operate the roof and see which codes come back. Also get a measuring block read out with the roof fully opened and closed. If that's going to cost you money then hang on till you see me on the weekend.

    Regards

  23. #422
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by VagPro View Post
    Hi Darren,

    If your roof is coming up as not secured, then you definitely won't get power to the motor. Yes check everything is locked, you will need to access the control unit in order to read the mbv's. Keep me posted on how you get on.

    Regards
    Khurrum
    Hi Khurrum,

    Ive secured the roof, got the amp working but still not the roof.

    I read the mbv's and it did not match the F295 Convertible top latch switch, closed was different from ross's chart?

    I think its because i didnt lock it manually?

    I couldn't find the fuse S67, not sure were to look?

    Im not sure what to do next?

    regards Darren

  24. #423
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    ENFIELD
    Posts
    9
    Hi khurrum
    Just done a quick scan and I've got 1 fault coming up
    02000 switch position
    008 implausible signal
    Hope this helps?
    Cheers Steve

  25. #424
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by darren carson-brown View Post
    Hi Khurrum,

    Ive secured the roof, got the amp working but still not the roof.

    I read the mbv's and it did not match the F295 Convertible top latch switch, closed was different from ross's chart?

    I think its because i didnt lock it manually?

    I couldn't find the fuse S67, not sure were to look?

    Im not sure what to do next?

    regards Darren
    Hi Darren,

    Open and close the roof from the windscreen with the manual key and check if the bits change in mbv,

    Regards
    Khurrum

  26. #425
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Hi

    I wonder if anyone can give me some pointers to solving my roof problem.
    The roof unlatches and retracts, the rear of the roof rises and then the hood cover lifts.
    At this point the rear of the roof is slow to drop but once it gets to a certain point the rest of the roof retracts and drops into the boot and the hood cover closes.
    When raising the roof all is well until the hood cover locks then the rear of the roof fails to lower and hence the roof doesn't shut.
    If the roof is given a helping hand whilst pressing the button the roof will latch and complete the cycle.
    Any ideas whats causing the rear to be so sluggish ?

  27. #426
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux72 View Post
    Hi

    I wonder if anyone can give me some pointers to solving my roof problem.
    The roof unlatches and retracts, the rear of the roof rises and then the hood cover lifts.
    At this point the rear of the roof is slow to drop but once it gets to a certain point the rest of the roof retracts and drops into the boot and the hood cover closes.
    When raising the roof all is well until the hood cover locks then the rear of the roof fails to lower and hence the roof doesn't shut.
    If the roof is given a helping hand whilst pressing the button the roof will latch and complete the cycle.
    Any ideas whats causing the rear to be so sluggish ?
    Hi,

    What year is the car, have you had a fault code readout ?
    Regards
    Khurrum

  28. #427
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by VagPro View Post
    Hi,

    What year is the car, have you had a fault code readout ?
    Regards
    Khurrum
    Sorry
    Car is a 2003
    There are no stored fault codes at all
    There are no warning lights on the dash
    Its just the fact that the rear of the roof is sluggish to go back down, is this done using a ram or gravity ?
    Do I need to grease something

  29. #428
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux72 View Post
    Sorry
    Car is a 2003
    There are no stored fault codes at all
    There are no warning lights on the dash
    Its just the fact that the rear of the roof is sluggish to go back down, is this done using a ram or gravity ?
    Do I need to grease something
    It is moved by the main roof ram, check the literature I have posted on page 1 to identify which ram (sorry I'm having trouble to picture what you're describing).

    Where about are you located ?

    Regards
    Khurrum

  30. #429
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Hi Khurrum

    I'm in Somerset (the non flooded bit)
    I'm probably not describing it correctly

    The piece which is sluggish to lower is the Bow / rear roof frame
    It rises correctly but is slow to lower

  31. #430
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux72 View Post
    Hi Khurrum

    I'm in Somerset (the non flooded bit)
    I'm probably not describing it correctly

    The piece which is sluggish to lower is the Bow / rear roof frame
    It rises correctly but is slow to lower
    That part is hydraulically driven, I would look at operating it manually and seeing if there is resistance.
    ..

    Just brainstorming resistance, faulty ram, faulty solenoid, blocked /crimped pipe, faulty solenoid valve etc. Please take the above with a pinch of salt as I haven't seen the car. Send us a video ? Including measuring blocks....

    How comfortable are you with following the hydraulic flow diagrams ?

    Regards
    Khurrum

  32. #431
    brasiliangringo's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    544
    Well done and a thousand thank you's for the guide and flagging up this common issue. Whilst i am a mechanic, finding this on google saved me a lot of head scratching sorting out my GFs 2008 A4 Cab!!

    Thanks!
    VagPro likes this.

  33. #432
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Thanks Khurrum

    I've got another set of rams so ill try that first
    Is there any way to test a solenoid valve ?
    Thanks for the pointers

  34. #433
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    Hi Khurrum,

    My 2007 Audi A4 convertible has developed the symptoms described by many in the forum. Yesterday, roof opened ok but then would not close. Windows would drop and lid release slightly then nothing.

    I am a numpty with repairs, when will you be n central London please or can I come to you for a turnaround within a couple of hours?

    Thank you very much.

    Bob Latif

  35. #434
    jjmurphy21187's Avatar
    Tiptronic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    822
    Khurrum,

    Just wanted to say thanks for the guide, fixed my motor yesterday as per the guide in about an hour.

    Thanks for the guide!
    VagPro likes this.

    Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

    VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

  36. #435
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux72 View Post
    Thanks Khurrum

    I've got another set of rams so ill try that first
    Is there any way to test a solenoid valve ?
    Thanks for the pointers
    HI,

    Should be able to do an output test on the vvalves using VCDS, also you could swap them over. Also I wonder if the hydraulic pump motor is running freely, might be worth greasing its bearing. Keep me posted. Regards
    Khurrum
    www.audiconvertiblespecialist.co.uk

  37. #436
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Boblatif View Post
    Hi Khurrum,

    My 2007 Audi A4 convertible has developed the symptoms described by many in the forum. Yesterday, roof opened ok but then would not close. Windows would drop and lid release slightly then nothing.

    I am a numpty with repairs, when will you be n central London please or can I come to you for a turnaround within a couple of hours?

    Thank you very much.

    Bob Latif
    Hello Bob,

    Given the recent beautiful weather and demand a trip to London is looking imminent. Give me a ring or email details on site.

    Regards
    Khurrum
    www.audiconvertiblespecialist.co.uk

  38. #437
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by VagPro View Post
    HI,

    Should be able to do an output test on the vvalves using VCDS, also you could swap them over. Also I wonder if the hydraulic pump motor is running freely, might be worth greasing its bearing. Keep me posted. Regards
    Khurrum
    www.audiconvertiblespecialist.co.uk
    I've got a copy of VCDS. Can you give me a pointer towards which measuring blocks within it I should be looking at. And the values I should be getting
    Thanks so much for your help with this
    Last edited by dulux72; 10th March 2014 at 20:56.

  39. #438
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux72 View Post
    I've got a copy of VCDS. Can you give me a pointer towards which measuring blocks within it I should be looking at. And the values I should be getting
    Thanks so much for your help with this
    Hi,

    Compare the measuring blocks against

    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...Automatic_Roof

    But again with your issue I think the measuring blocks are already fine.

    Regards

  40. #439
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Sorry I misunderstood
    How do I do the output tests ?

  41. #440
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    Hi have you sorted out and get work ?

    Hello from Denmark i have a A4 2002
    i olso have a smartTOP from mods4cars , i can open roof with remote and its work.... but to close roof i must press inside car 4 times to close complete
    with ignition the roof warning light flashes 10 times and i have replace with new G356

    VCDS says
    01986 - Convertible Top Frame Position Sensor (G356)
    008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

    and i have compare messureblocks and its ok on open and close roof...
    So maybe its smartTOP there are bad or Steuergerät 8H0959255
    maybe i should try to remove the smartTOP






    However i have a smart top module fitted from mods4cars model stlfai. I removed this and hood works fine. Replaced it hood worked then didn't. This module ( older version ) was fitted when I bought the car and I had roof trouble, took it to Audi they said module had got water in it (doubtful) and had caused the problem, removed and hood worked. I fitted a new module as this is a really useful accessory that I used a lot. Lets you close hood whilst moving and opens closes hood from key fob. This seems to have now failed.

    If any one out there is having problems and has one of these fitted that could be your problem.

    I will be writing to mods4cars as this module less than a year old and has potentially cost me £300 and a lot of time and trouble.

    Would be interested to hear if anybody else has had the same problems.[/QUOTE]

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Audi A4 Cabriolet Hood Problem
    By vaslam1986 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27th July 2010, 01:58
  2. Audi Cabriolet - Manual Hood Problem
    By AllDubbedUp in forum Classic Audi Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st February 2008, 08:50
  3. Cleaning/Protecting Soft Top Roof...?
    By Katherine B in forum Detailing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th March 2007, 10:18
  4. Audi Cabriolet roof problem
    By RoStar in forum Classic Audi Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th March 2004, 18:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO