Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Abb
    2nd Gear

Status

Armrest closing catch broken, help!

As the title says the front armrest catch/latch has just broken on my car. Can this closing catch/latch be replaced or will I need to replace the whole lid?
    Anyone point me in the right direction?
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    The hole lid will need to be replaced.

5th Gear

Status
    Take you rear ashtray out and you'll be able to see the sticker on the metal bracket of the armrest, with the part number on. That will pinpoint the lid you need. There's a few different types. If you post it up here, I'll be able to tell you the part number of the lid you need. They're about £45 from the dealer.
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    They're about £45 from the dealer.
    More like £80 if it's leather trimmed, though.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    More like £80 if it's leather trimmed, though.
    Yea, there is that lol. I was going by the one I've just got for mine which was cloth.
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Hi guys, removed the rear ashtray, no number visible, maybe different on cabs?? Anyway, rang dealer has quoted me £82.00, has to come from Germany due to colour, gave me part number 8EO864245MJ6, think I noted it down right. Going to see if I can source one elsewhere, so broken it remains! lol

Gary - does that part number look right to you??
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

5th Gear

Status
    Part number 8E0864245MJ6 comes up as Armrest upper part (lid), Carmine red. Is your interior Carmine Red?

By the way, the correct part number begins 8E0 (zero), you have 8EO (letter 'O'). Maybe a typo but just in case you thought it was an O, it isn't, its a zero

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for that Gary, was told my interior was crimson, maybe it is carmine! Its definately red though. Thanks for pointing the zero/letter 'o' difference, wasnt a typo, was me not knowing! lol.
    Let the search commence!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    Part number 8E0864245MJ6 comes up as Armrest upper part (lid), Carmine red. Is your interior Carmine Red?

By the way, the correct part number begins 8E0 (zero), you have 8EO (letter 'O'). Maybe a typo but just in case you thought it was an O, it isn't, its a zero
    His car description says"crimson red leather".
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    His car description says"crimson red leather".
    So it does. Maybe I should have read that then eh?

1st Gear

Status
    I know it's frustrating having a damaged part, be patient and the right one will come up on the bay.
    I sourced all the parts new from the bay including leather lid saving about £80 so it can be done.
    Put an elastic band round it to stop it rattling.
    Audi A4 Avant TDI 170 S-Line
    1992 Saab 900 T16S Convertible

4th Gear

Status
    When I bought my car I found a broken catch laying around which I assume was replaced as it has a new one. It has p/n 8e0864245a/4 on it.... Is this the on for just the catch? If so can't you just buy this part? Looks like someone replaced just the catch on mine.

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    benr - you would have thought so wouldnt you! Unfortunately the guy at the stealers assured me this was not possible, as when it comes to the A4, its the complete lid, only the A6 can have the catch replaced separately.
    gary3306 - it says the shade of red in the brochure is Audi exclusive crimson red, but the dealer has told me (when supplied threg number) it is carmine red! ??