Airbag light on??

Abb

Reaction score
Hi guys, have just been informed by the missus, the airbag light has illuminated on the dash, whislt driving. Any ideas what would have caused this? And no she wasnt abruptly stopped in her driving path by another vehicle.....although that would explain it!

prob the wires under the drivers seat
very common
make sure the plugs in good
scan it turn it off
if it comes back theres a few diy's to sort it out

Mine are on in my a3, think it's something to do with the wires under the seats come loose. Get them wired back up and then the code wiped

Edit: beaten to it

I changed the bulb in my glovebox & drove the car with the wiring harness disconnected & the light came on & is still on. I don't have the full VAG-COM to turn it off...

Doesn't bother me that much :)

mine came on after i moved the drivers seat all the way back
no errors, so i used my vcds to switch off

back home now so will be checking in the morning, whatever the outcome will be needing VCDS to clear the code. Does anyone in Teesside have this?? Obviously will pay going rate/costs.

My airbag light has also been illuminated on the dash for a few weeks now and doesn't seem to want to go off!
Think I will check cables under both seats to see if they are connected properly.

it wont go off till you reset it with vcds etc

Hi Abb,have got the same prob with light ,turns out that it happened after i pushed passenger seat all way back to refit glove box after the notorious left hinge repair "of which if anyone intrested won't break if you remove the passenger side end dash panel,there is a slot inside the box to pry off with a small slot end screw driver,then spray damper with silicone spray,works a treat,no need to split damper assembly and reduce diameter of the O ring".
All post replies seem to point to a reset via vag-comm,hope this is of help,cheer's Marco64.