re wheels and tyre sizes

gary911

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 B7 A4 3.0ltr tdi avant quattro and have a genuine set of 19inch le mans wheels which came from a 2009 B8 A4. The tyres are 255/35/19. 96y i have fitted them to the car but not driven it and they clear all the bodywork and suspension. My concern is the tyre size on the front wheels at 255 is that likely to have any detrimental effect on the steering and handling.
Would a 235/35/19 on the front be a better tyre which is the same as the standard 18inch ones, although i can't find a 235/35/19 with an extra load rating of 96 which is recommended for the diesel avants. I quite expect a slightly harder ride on the 19inch wheels. Thanks.

Last edited:
I reckon the offset and or tyre size is going to screw you over I'm afraid. I say this with little experience having been through the same situation myself recently.

245/35/19s are a push on the B7 A4.

What offset are the B8 avant rims?

Regards

Hi, The ET is 43 which is the same as the standard 18 inch wheel, although the 19inch wheel is 8.5 inch wide over the 18 inch wheel which is 8.inch

Think my 245/35/19 are 38mm offset, its a squeeze!

Mate they will be fine, if you do change to a 235/35/19 don't worry about the extra load rating it's fine, you don't have to run recommended Tyres / size / wheel offset / load or speed ratings. Just make sure your not way off.

Fit them with the 255s first AMD try them for a bit.

Hi, Thanks for the info. Can you recommend some DRLs and are they easy to fit . Regards Gary

Yeah kufatec do some but there quite expensive, I had Unikarl make me a set up and didn't cost too much. You can also get kits from eBay but I don't know how good they are?