Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

One happy ebaying chappy

I've been watching a B8 MFSW on the bay for the last four days. Well I stuck in a cheeky bid and snaffled it for £72

Bl66dy bargain or what?

Can't wait to fit it.
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Pics?
    09 S4 3.0 Supercharged MRC Stage 2 remap 480BHP

07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, plus loads of mods - SOLD

5th Gear

Status
    When it arrives, there'll be pics
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

6th Gear

Status
    Just one question! what the f*** is an MFSW?

Is it a snow cone maker, or a water heater.....no no i know what this is, its an expresso machine.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Just one question! what the f*** is an MFSW?

Is it a snow cone maker, or a water heater.....no no i know what this is, its an expresso machine.
    You been on the beer mate?
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

6th Gear

Status
    Lol no i was quoting True Lies!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

1st Gear

Status
    Awesome!
    So the B8 wheels will work on the B7 no problem.
    I've been wanting to upgrade mine MFSW to one with paddles.
    | 2009 A4 3.0TDI quattro tip | Ice Silver | 19" OEM RS4 style wheels | PDC | Sunroof | Black Leather | Symphony Radio | Aftermarket Navigation & DVD | RS4 mesh grille | Custom mesh fog grilles |

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by viceroy View Post
    Awesome!
    So the B8 wheels will work on the B7 no problem.
    I've been wanting to upgrade mine MFSW to one with paddles.
    B8 wheels do fit on B7 platforms so the part number should start 8K0.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    Rollocks!!!!!

Wheel arrived this morning, so I was outside at the speed of light with tools in hand. It isn't gonna fit . The difference is obviously the depth of the airbag. Same shape, same diameter splines etc, just my airbag is far too deep for the new wheel

New wheel; 8P0 491 091 DT WUL

Existing wheel; 8P0 419 091 BL TNA

Them pegs sticking up in the new wheel obviously stop the airbag from dropping in all the way. GUTTED, but then again, I knew I was taking a chance.

Oh well, back to the drawing board, and you'll find this wheel in the classifides

4th Gear

Status
    CAN YA NOT USE B8 AIRBAG?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa4quat View Post
    CAN YA NOT USE B8 AIRBAG?
    Its an A3 steering wheel (the new one) so it would have to be an A3 airbag, but thats more expense and there's no guarantees I wouldn't have to start changing pins around for the airbag to work. Better off just getting rid and sourcing a proper A4 B8 wheel.

1st Gear

Status
    I was of the opinion the B7 airbag fitted the B8 wheel?
    A4 B7 2.0T FSI S-LINE Akoya Silver, Xenon plus pack, RS 6's, MFSW, Dension, Auto dimming mirror, Light/Rain sensor, Bose, Isofix, Split folding seats, Rear side blinds, Rear window blind, Centre armrest, Auto boot Lid, Cargo parcel net/hooks,Loadliner & Votex Rear Diffuser. Tyres: presently running Vredenstein Sessanta's: SUPERB!

1st Gear

Status
    So is it a B8 wheel or an A3 wheel?

My B8 steering wheel fitted perfectly, once i'd opened up the middle with a dremel to allow the B7's bag to fit.
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro - Steve Edition in Lava Grey
    BBS Wheels|arm rest|ambipur|345mm S4 brakes|PiperX panel filter|cupra R splitter|Greenstuff Pads|Retrofit Cruise control/DIS|Retrofit Audi Phone|Dension iPod|

Full VCDS equipped for the Moray area

6th Gear

Status
    Holy thread resurrection! Third to last post states it an A3 steering wheel
    Its an A3 steering wheel (the new one)

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve220 View Post
    So is it a B8 wheel or an A3 wheel?

My B8 steering wheel fitted perfectly, once i'd opened up the middle with a dremel to allow the B7's bag to fit.
    The wheel I got off ebay was an A3 wheel, so was totally different. I sold that and bought an A4 B8 wheel and that was a straight swap, airbag and all. No dremmeling involved.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    The wheel I got off ebay was an A3 wheel, so was totally different. I sold that and bought an A4 B8 wheel and that was a straight swap, airbag and all. No dremmeling involved.
    I'm looking to do the same, what is the correct part number/s to look out for online?
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
    Black with a BIG wish list!