One happy ebaying chappy

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching a B8 MFSW on the bay for the last four days. Well I stuck in a cheeky bid and snaffled it for £72 :yahoo:

Bl66dy bargain or what?

Can't wait to fit it.

Just one question! what the f*** is an MFSW?

Is it a snow cone maker, or a water heater.....no no i know what this is, its an expresso machine.

Awesome!
So the B8 wheels will work on the B7 no problem.
I've been wanting to upgrade mine MFSW to one with paddles.

Rollocks!!!!!

Wheel arrived this morning, so I was outside at the speed of light with tools in hand. It isn't gonna fit :crying:. The difference is obviously the depth of the airbag. Same shape, same diameter splines etc, just my airbag is far too deep for the new wheel

New wheel; 8P0 491 091 DT WUL
WP_000004.jpg

Existing wheel; 8P0 419 091 BL TNA
WP_000003.jpg

Them pegs sticking up in the new wheel obviously stop the airbag from dropping in all the way. GUTTED, but then again, I knew I was taking a chance.

Oh well, back to the drawing board, and you'll find this wheel in the classifides :(

CAN YA NOT USE B8 AIRBAG?

Its an A3 steering wheel (the new one) so it would have to be an A3 airbag, but thats more expense and there's no guarantees I wouldn't have to start changing pins around for the airbag to work. Better off just getting rid and sourcing a proper A4 B8 wheel.

So is it a B8 wheel or an A3 wheel?

My B8 steering wheel fitted perfectly, once i'd opened up the middle with a dremel to allow the B7's bag to fit.

So is it a B8 wheel or an A3 wheel?

My B8 steering wheel fitted perfectly, once i'd opened up the middle with a dremel to allow the B7's bag to fit.

The wheel I got off ebay was an A3 wheel, so was totally different. I sold that and bought an A4 B8 wheel and that was a straight swap, airbag and all. No dremmeling involved.

The wheel I got off ebay was an A3 wheel, so was totally different. I sold that and bought an A4 B8 wheel and that was a straight swap, airbag and all. No dremmeling involved.

I'm looking to do the same, what is the correct part number/s to look out for online?