Different glove box lay outs?

JDM82

Reaction score
My car is a 2005 A4 2.0 TDi S-Line.....

It has a single din concert headunit and bose system.....

I bought a glove box cd changer thinking it would fit in the cubby hole in the upper right hand side of the glove box but it doesn't. The changers too big.... Is there different glove box lay outs or do I need a extra bit?

My car is a 2005 A4 2.0 TDi S-Line.....

It has a single din concert headunit and bose system.....

I bought a glove box cd changer thinking it would fit in the cubby hole in the upper right hand side of the glove box but it doesn't. The changers too big.... Is there different glove box lay outs or do I need a extra bit?

You need a different glovebox, I'm afraid. Aside from the different size cubby hole, it needs to be open at the back, for the cabling to feed through. I bought one on Ebay a couple of years ago. The part number was 8E2 857 035 D. I can't swear it still will be, but you can but hope.

Last edited:
Cheers mate..... You wouldn't happen to remember what you paid for it would you?

Cheers mate..... You wouldn't happen to remember what you paid for it would you?

The new price is normally about £160. I got it from "partsdepot_uk" on Ebay. Even though it was new, it was about £90. Only trouble is, they don't always have one.

Dont suppose you still have your old one do you? Mine has just decided to break at the hinge.

Common issue then I guess....Looks like a cunning fix is in order!

I just cut out a hole inthe back of my glovebox to the exact size of the changer :cool:. It holds the changer securely and there is exactly the gap needed between the side of the changer and the next partition in the top of the glovebox to fit my Ipod dock in

WP_000132.jpg

Last edited:
is there a way to have the cd changer and Ipod dock then?