AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Different glove box lay outs?

My car is a 2005 A4 2.0 TDi S-Line.....

It has a single din concert headunit and bose system.....

I bought a glove box cd changer thinking it would fit in the cubby hole in the upper right hand side of the glove box but it doesn't. The changers too big.... Is there different glove box lay outs or do I need a extra bit?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM82 View Post
    My car is a 2005 A4 2.0 TDi S-Line.....

It has a single din concert headunit and bose system.....

I bought a glove box cd changer thinking it would fit in the cubby hole in the upper right hand side of the glove box but it doesn't. The changers too big.... Is there different glove box lay outs or do I need a extra bit?
    You need a different glovebox, I'm afraid. Aside from the different size cubby hole, it needs to be open at the back, for the cabling to feed through. I bought one on Ebay a couple of years ago. The part number was 8E2 857 035 D. I can't swear it still will be, but you can but hope.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 24th August 2011 at 17:59.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers mate..... You wouldn't happen to remember what you paid for it would you?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM82 View Post
    Cheers mate..... You wouldn't happen to remember what you paid for it would you?
    The new price is normally about £160. I got it from "partsdepot_uk" on Ebay. Even though it was new, it was about £90. Only trouble is, they don't always have one.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    Dont suppose you still have your old one do you? Mine has just decided to break at the hinge.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unikarl View Post
    Dont suppose you still have your old one do you? Mine has just decided to break at the hinge.
    Sorry, Karl. The reason I bought the new one was that my hinge broke.

2nd Gear

Status
    Common issue then I guess....Looks like a cunning fix is in order!
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unikarl View Post
    Common issue then I guess....Looks like a cunning fix is in order!
    This should help you.

5th Gear

Status
    I just cut out a hole inthe back of my glovebox to the exact size of the changer . It holds the changer securely and there is exactly the gap needed between the side of the changer and the next partition in the top of the glovebox to fit my Ipod dock in

Last edited by gary3306; 24th August 2011 at 21:48.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Neutral

Status
    is there a way to have the cd changer and Ipod dock then?

5th Gear

Status
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Neutral

Status
    cheers for that.
    so many decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neutral

Status
    I looked into one of these Dension Gateway Five Audi iPod Bluetooth Car Kit [Gateway Five] - 233.87
    but notice that its been withdrawn from sale due to technical issues? anyone got one of these the gateway five. I know lots have the 100 and 500... theres also a gateway blue on ebay dunno if its worth a bid or not....