Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Buying an S4

Status

Buying an S4

Considering this one

Vehicle View - Audi S4 4.2 quattro - Truro

Lemon or diamond?
    Unless i have misunderstood the car description and extras, appears to be below Glasses Guide price.
    Front offside disc appears worn / corroded unevenly, is this a problem?
    Have looked around for hints and tips on what to look out for (seems to be an emotive subject) but all advice very welcome
    Yes i am looking at 3.0TDI as well (have driven diesels for over 10 years so this is a bit of an adventure)
    2001 A6 Avant 2.5TDi quattro Sport 180hp+TurboDynamics MD438 hybrid+Bosio Race683s+3" exhaust+Celtic Tuning remap - now with adamss24 replaced with runabout
    2007 BMW 535d AM Sport + Celtic remap
    2004 A4 Avant 1.9TDi quattro Sport 130hp + Superchip - sold & replaced by
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T
    1988 Yamaha FJ1200 120hp finally traded after 23 years for
    1986 Yamaha FJ100 (1300 barrels shhh!) with too many bits to mention
    2011 BMW 320d M Sport son #1
    2004 Suzuki SV650 S son #2

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    If it's used approved it's unlikely to be a lemon, even if it is sling it back to them under warrently and they'll sort you out no questions asked, if you spot anything while looking round the car the same applies, although rust on the brake disc could be down to rain or from it having a bath recently, so shouldn't be worrying, unless it's highly corroded that is.

Four Sprung Ducks

5th Gear

Status
    Should be fine due to full Audi warranty supplied, but warranty won't cover worn discs though, so if they do need changing get them to do it before you buy.

Google the prior owner if they won't give you the details once you have bought it (details will be in v5, just not phone number). Theyll be able to tell you of any issues (that Audi didn't own up to) so you can get fixed ASAP under warranty. That's what I did with mine, and now have a new clutch, dmfw, and set of plugs courtesy of Audi
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fjtwelve View Post
    Considering this one

Vehicle View - Audi S4 4.2 quattro - Truro

Lemon or diamond?
    Unless i have misunderstood the car description and extras, appears to be below Glasses Guide price.
    Front offside disc appears worn / corroded unevenly, is this a problem?
    Have looked around for hints and tips on what to look out for (seems to be an emotive subject) but all advice very welcome
    Yes i am looking at 3.0TDI as well (have driven diesels for over 10 years so this is a bit of an adventure)
    If you sell your a6 can i have your injectors ? How much you want for the turbo as well ? Cheers,

Chris.
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Status
    They'll come with the car attached, i cannot separate out all the bits as i do not have all the original parts.
    2001 A6 Avant 2.5TDi quattro Sport 180hp+TurboDynamics MD438 hybrid+Bosio Race683s+3" exhaust+Celtic Tuning remap - now with adamss24 replaced with runabout
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T

6th Gear

Status
    I can swap you good condition stock items in exchange for your items + cash on top ! How much you asking for the car as it is ?
    FOR SALE:
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Status
    Whoa hold on, i have only started looking and working out how to pay. I'm thinking that i will do something around maybe November unless a bargain falls in my lap. You know i still have this intermittent power problem to solve too. As far as price , well the insurers valued it at £3500 when i had that prang in January and had all the front bumper and radiators replaced. I really don't want to go through the hassle of reverting to standard, i want to just sell it as it is.
    I was partly wrong about the original parts, i still have the original nozzles and a set of PP683s if you want those. However the turbo is the original which is hybridised, and the original exhaust went in the skip.
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T

6th Gear

Status
    Sadly the nozzles once they have fitted into a set of injectors do get deformed to fit that particular injector body so once you take them off the leak off inside will do no good to the spray pattern. I am not that keen in the turbocharger but i could probably sell-it for a few quid to one of my friends, the only things i really need are the ecu(can do with mapping mine with a self loading tool), injectors (these will need balancing) and a option would be the exhaust (again i have a rs6 ABT Sportsline twin exhaust wich will do just fine with the amount of power the engine can/will run) but the downpipe will be the wrong shape/size as i will be rocking a GTB2260vk turbo...
    FOR SALE:

Status
    test drive mmm nice
    17mpg when i got back to the garage hmmm not so good
    going back for a go in a 3.0tdi next week
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T