JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Thumbs down AUDI A4 DTM PAD LIGHT

HI NTHERE I HAVE A A4 DTM AUDI WITH THE PAD LIGHT ON PADS ARE NON GEN SOME TIMES THE LIGHT IS OUT SOME TIMES IS BACK ON HELP BO I BUY GEN DISCS AND PADS

2. # ADS
    ADS

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I haven't got enough breath in my lungs to shout all that out without a gasp for air!
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    I haven't got enough breath in my lungs to shout all that out without a gasp for air!
    At least you managed to decipher it.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    get oem pads
    or wire it up so light dont come on

1st Gear

Status
    dont speek then az only asked a question

Avantageous

Status
    I think hes saying because you typed it all in capitals it seems as though your shouting it.

VAG Addict

Status
    That and with all the abbreviations and lack of punctuation it wasn't the easiest post to read. Personally, I try to write a full and informative post - especially when asking others for help or advice. But that's just me!

If your having problems with the brake pad sensors they I'd disconnect them and use a piece of wire to bridge the connections (which will fool the car into thinking they're fine) and then change back to OEM when you next need pads...
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    If your having problems with the brake pad sensors they I'd disconnect them and use a piece of wire to bridge the connections (which will fool the car into thinking they're fine)

you never know
    he may have got a clever car

VAG Addict

Status
    Lol. I can hear it calling now... Michael, Michael, are you messing with my pads? Shut up kitt I'm trying to fool you!
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    haha
    come on be nice

1st Gear

Status
    sorry new to this dont want to affend any one ony asking for help

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    you didnt affend me

VAG Addict

Status
    No offence taken and I think most posts above were really just offering friendly advice. There does seem to be a certain amount of forum etiquette expected when asking for help. Just take a bit longer writing your posts and try to be as informative as you can. It definitely helps and most of the time you will get good honest and informative answers... abbreviations, text talk and caps lock seem to be the best way of getting people's backs up to be honest!

Linking or bridging the connectors on your brake sensors is probably the best way to lose your error light and will mean you can keep the pads you have until they wear out. If you would prefer to have the warning light working properly then I expect changing back to OEM pads is your best option.

Sorry for the digs and I hope it hasn't put you off using this forum!
    Last edited by dubdemand; 22nd August 2011 at 23:36.